Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to Work...For A Day

After not going to bed until 11 last night, I sure am feeling mighty perky and ready to go this morning.  It surely has to do with the mini spa I gave myself in the shower with my new Dead Sea beautifying stuff...and my freshly manicured looking nails.

Pampering yourself is really rejuvenating.  Who'd have thunked it?

I get to go back to work for an entire day before I get another day off.  It's up in the air whether the day off will be from more snow, or for the original reason I booked the day off - Hubby's having dental surgery.  I really want it to be the latter, because I don't want to book another day off work if he has to reschedule.

I know I've been begging for snow days all winter, but I've had two - and now I'm ready to finish off the rest of the school year without any more interruptions.  I'm a firm believer in too much of a good thing, and too many snow days will result in the loss of other days off we've got between now and the end of the school year - or it will mean pushing out the end of the school year further.  A couple of days later I can deal with, but I don't want it to get crazy.

The house hunting saga continues...unsuccessfully at this point.  Finding a house that has everything we're looking for isn't going to be an easy feat, that's for sure.  What we'd really like to do is build our own house - but holy cow, land is expensive.  From what I've seen, land by its self is just as expensive as buying a house. I don't see how an open plot of land can sell in the tens of thousands.  In order to have the 3-5 acres Hubby is wanting, we'd be looking at shelling out $40,000-$50,000.  How insane is that when I can find a house sitting on that much land for only $30,000-$40,000 more?

I remember the good ol' days when you could find acreage for $2500 an acre.  That's what it was like when my parents bought land back when I was 16.  Definitely not like that anymore.

We'll be lucky if we can find an acre for less than $15,000.  The listings I've looked at have tons of 0.03 acre plots for a new subdivision and the seller is wanting $14,900 for each plot.  Can you believe that?  Less than a tenth of an acre for just under $15,000?  There better be gold deposits on the land before I'd consider something like that!  Ridic!

But, I'm not giving up faith.  My goal is that we're moving in by this summer.  Either in to an already built home or a house that's been built for us.  I watch enough HGTV to know that house hunting is hard, frustrating, and stressful....but not impossible.  I just got to keep my faith and not jump in to anything I don't absolutely feel right about.  This is my dream house we're talking about, after all.

Well, I'm sure you've heard quite enough about my house hunting saga for yet another day, so I should probably get to getting and get myself ready for work.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!