Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Show Your Love Day!!


Every day, I am thankful to be a teacher.  Every.  Single.  Day.  Almost.

But, there are certain days where I'm a little more thankful than others.  And one of those days?  Oh yes.  Valentine's Day.

Why would I be more thankful on a day that's supposedly about love and relationships and romance?  Because Valentine's Day is a don't even mention it subject in my house.

You see, Hubby hates Valentine's day.  No, he despises it.  For the eight years that we have been together, I've watched Valentine's day come and go keeping my lip buttoned as tight as the kids in Harry Potter who can't mention He Who Must Not Be Named.  I've watched friends receive the most beautiful flower bouquets, boxes of chocolates, jewelry, and all other types of gifts that are meant to show that special loved one how much they're thought of.

But, you know what?  It hasn't really bothered me.  One good thing I can say is that Hubby pretty much shows me how much he loves me every day.  The man cooks for me - the most amazing dishes imaginable.  Seriously, it's like having my own personal chef.  He puts up with me without coffee.  And, there's not a day that doesn't go by where I don't hear the words "I love you" out of his mouth.  I really don't need a special day out of the year to feel more special when it comes to Hubby.

Yet, I still LOVE holidays - and Valentine's day is no exception.  And, now that I'm a teacher, I get to celebrate it with some other little lovelies that feel my heart with love.

The sad part is, it's not really about showing them how much I love them all.  Just like Hubby with me, I try to show them every day how much I love them.  No.  It's totally about getting to have a class party.  Yep.  I'm one of those teachers.  HA!

For today, I promised the kids that I'd bring them special treats for their party.  They all unanimously voted on brownies made by who else?  Ah ha... Hubby.  They've had them before, and they enjoyed them so much that they'd gladly take a brownie over any stationary set or cutesy stuffed animal.  They'll be getting homemade caramel chocolate brownies and a Crush soda.  Cute, right?

And, the even better part to this day is the fact that it's my Friday.  We're getting Friday and Monday off for President's day.  A 4 day weekend!  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ME!  I'd gladly take two days off work over a box of chocolates or some flowers ANY DAY. Cause it means that I get extra time home with the ones I love.  And that's what today is all about, really.

So, take some time today to not think about the gifts or the treats, but who the important people are in your life.  Don't worry too much about what you buy, but more importantly - show them every day how special they truly are to you.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!