Sunday, May 19, 2013

Almost There

I'm posting from my iPad again today because I haven't gotten my computer set up yet.  Plus, I can sit on my patio with my cup of coffee and my iPad to write.  I tell ya, I can definitely get used to doing this every morning.  Listen to the birds chirping, the leaves rustling in the wind....nice writing atmosphere.

We've pretty much got everything moved in.  There are still several small items at the old house that need to be pilfered through.  I hate pilfering.  I'd much rather just say forget it all and just start over, but I just know that a couple of months down the road I'll be looking for something that I left behind.  Plus, there are several pairs of my shoes still over there....they definitely can't get left behind.

The unpacking process has gone really well.  Most of the boxes have been unpacked as they arrive, and my room is the main room to still be done.  That's only because I need storage tubs to put some of my clothes in.  I've had to give up my walk-in closet for a standard his/her closet.  I have my own closet, it's just not big enough to hold all of my clothes.  That means that I'm going to have to start hanging seasonal clothes in the closet and storing the rest.

Yesterday, my parents came over.  My dad and brother helped Hubby move all of the remaining big stuff like the refrigerator, washer, dryer, all of the book shelves, my computer desk, and so on.  There were two truck loads of big stuff to haul.  I went out and did some shopping with my mom and bought some new rugs and towels.  I felt a little guilty that while the men were doing all of the heavy lifting, I was shopping... but they were better off without the women folk hanging around.  Once they were done, the whole family loaded up in our cars and went out for a family meal.  Minus Hubby.  He stayed home to finish unpacking the trailer and getting stuff set up.  We didn't get home until after 10pm, so after they left I was ready for bed.

Today, it's just going to be Hubby and I..plus my brother who's staying with me until Wednesday.  Peanut is with my parents, and Butter and Jelly are going on a skating trip with church so they'll be gone until later this afternoon.  We are going to take the opportunity to go out and pick up a few more things that we need around the house and then come back and do some unpacking and arranging.  My computer will definitely be set up today.

I still need to go over to the old house this week and get the rest of the stuff out of there.  I might do it this afternoon, I might do it after school this week.  Not sure.  Depends on how I feel.  It's been pretty hot the past couple of days, so the old house is like a furnace.  I'd much rather be in my cool, new home than over there.  There's also supposed to be some nasty storms rolling in the next few days..so that should be interesting, too.

Right now, gots to get ready....so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!