Sunday, May 26, 2013

Taking the Day Off

Yeah, I know it's super late in the day for me to be posting my blog post.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that my allergies had me up at 3am this morning, and I just couldn't get back to sleep until 7am.  I was so tired and drained, I slept until noon.  I would say that's what being on summer break is all about - sleeping until noon - but not when you're up most of the night.

Even before my horrible night, I made the decision that today I was going to take the day off.  No unpacking.  No cleaning.  No going anywhere.  Just a day off to relax and recharge.  Of course, I've got about a million loads of laundry that I don't get to put off... but if laundry is all that's on the agenda for today, I'm OK.

I know that Hubby is getting a little upset with the pile of stuff that still needs to be unpacked which is taking up all the room in the office area.  But, that and a few things in my bedroom are all that's left to be unpacked.  Everything else is done, in it's place, and moved in.  I don't think there's any reason it's going to hurt to take a day off and leave the stuff laying around for one more day... especially with how cruddy I'm feeling now.

The pool is ready to use, except for needing a little more chlorine.  Hubby has been playing quite the pool boy by getting up each morning, getting the pump turned on, and skimming and vacuuming it. I feel like I should be doing more to get it ready to use - being that Hubby doesn't swim - but he's beaten me to the punch each day.

Peanut went out to do some mowing this morning.  It's something she's been wanting to do for some exercise.  I admire her... and wish I could do stuff like that.  If I didn't have such bad allergies right now, I'd totally be out there doing some yard work and considering it "day off relaxation".  I love just sitting out on our patio, but I've even had to ration out the amount of time I'm out there... because I start sneezing and coughing.

With the amount of medications I'm currently taking, it's making me feel like a zombie.  I have an allergy pill, a decongestant/ sinus infection pill for my head congestion, and now an inhaler for my seasonal asthma that I have to take twice a day.  That doesn't include the Aleve I'm taking for pain for my headaches.  For a person that doesn't take medication for anything... I'm sure making up for the lack of meds I've used in the past now.  And I hate the feeling they all give me.  My inhaler increases my heart rate and makes me shaky.  My decongestant makes me cloudy.  The pain pills make me sleepy.  And none of them really take care of my allergy symptoms.  They just, basically, take the edge off.  I'm running out of medications to try...and this new medicine I'm taking is supposed to last all day, but only lasts a couple of hours.  I have more luck with the generic allergy pills you can buy at Wal-Mart.  They only last 4 hours, but they work much better.  I think I may just have to go back to using them.  Prescription meds just don't cut it with me.

But, right now, I'm going to throw another load of laundry in the washer and then plant my happy behind firmly on the couch.  And I'm probably going to stay there for the rest of the day - minus bathroom breaks and laundry doing.  I'm hoping some rest will help me feel better.

Fingers Crossed.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!