Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Feeling a Little Helpless

No post yesterday, because once again someone (me) forgot to set their alarm clock or turned their alarm clock off instead of hitting snooze when it went off.  Not sure which one it was...all I know is that I didn't wake up until 6:38 yesterday morning.  Being that I usually leave my house at 6:30, it was quite the mad rush to get up and get around yesterday.  Thankfully, I was still able to get to school before 7:30, so I wasn't late.

That's twice in the past month or so that I've done that.  Which is two times more than I've done it in the past couple of years.  When I move, I'm dusting off my old alarm clock instead of using my phone.  It's just not loud enough to wake me up when I'm really tired.  It works fine most nights... but here lately, I've been EXHAUSTED!

Hubby and I were at the house the night last before messing with the pool.  We couldn't really do much else, because we've got to the point now where it's mostly big stuff that needs to be moved.  Well, I say that, it's mostly all big stuff and all of my stuff that I haven't packed yet that still has to be moved.  Because the pool pump hasn't been run as regularly as it should, we're starting to notice a green tint to the water.  That's not good.  I don't want algae appearing in the water, so we ran the pump for a couple of hours and cleaned out the pool the best we could.  My dad came over last night to look at the pump and clean it up a bit.  Hubby said it's working better, so it will run again today for a while...and hopefully we'll have a much cleaner pool by this weekend.

You remember how I've told you all before about how bad of a procrastinator I am, right?  Well, now it's really biting me in the behind.  My half of the office still hasn't been touched.  My desk is piled high with stuff, the book shelves are all still full of my teaching books, and until I get it all boxed up - my desk can't be moved.

Last night, I didn't get home until almost 9pm because of the spring concert at school.  The last thing I wanted to do when I got home was start packing.  I'll have to tonight, though.  Hubby now has the truck and the trailer from both of our parents - so it's go time.  My brother came over yesterday to help him move today.  They are going to pick up our furniture and they are moving all of the beds.  If I want my office moved and set up tomorrow, I'm going to have to pack it tonight.  Regardless of how tired I am after coming home from a day at work.

I'm really excited that tonight may be the first night we sleep in our new home... but I feel a little helpless at the fact that all of the moving is going on when I'm at work.  I feel like I'm not being much of a help.  My stuff is still needing to be packed, I still have stuff that I need to sort and make sure I'm not taking stuff with us that we don't need, and I just wish that we were getting out of school this week so that I could have the time to focus on the house.  But I don't and I can't.  So I just have to do what I can...and wait until the weekend, if I have to, to get the rest of my stuff taken care of.  As long as the stuff we need right now is taken care of, I guess that's all that really matters.

My poor little cat is a little restless right now.  It's like she knows something is going on, but she can't figure out what it is.  She's stayed pretty close to me the past few days.  I'm convinced that she thinks we're going to leave her behind when we move.  But, she has to be the last thing we move... because I don't want to leave her in strange new place without me.

The other thing that is suffering is my classroom.  I should be staying after school each night getting it packed up and ready for the summer.  But, I'm not.  Even last night, when I was at the school until 5 without any kids, I didn't even touch it.  That's mostly because I have no AC in my classroom at the moment, and it's freakin' HOT!  I figure that today and tomorrow, I'll start doing little stuff here and there...and then next Wednesday, when I'm at the school alone, it will get done and I can then be free to enjoy my summer.

As you can see, I'm a little flustered right now.  I know everything will all work out and fall in to place, but it doesn't help my nerves or stress all that much.  Even though it took a couple of months to close on my house, it seemed like everything happened so fast.  We knew we were going to move...we just didn't know when.  Then when we did know, it happened in a matter of a couple of days.  My goal was to be packed and ready the minute we closed.  That didn't happen.  Sure, we had a lot of stuff packed... but not near enough.  Now, I'm paying the price and it's causing me to feel pretty overwhelmed.  But, it's also a good overwhelmed.  I'm excited and ready to get out of this house...and I know it's going to take a little hard work and sweat to get it done.  No big deal.  It will get done.

Until then, I have a classroom full of excited kids counting down to the last day of school...and it's taking all of my energy just to keep them contained.

Just five more school days left.  I can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!