Friday, May 03, 2013

Day 29: Things That Make You Go Hmmmm



OK, how many people just had to sing in their heads "Things that make you go ahh" after reading my blog title?  I know I had to say it to myself after I wrote it.  HA!

I woke up this morning to about 2" of snow on the ground.  Yes, you read that right... SNOW!  On May 3rd!  That's never been recorded in my state...EVER!  And with my capital letters, you can probably tell that I'm a little miffed.  If you didn't get that, know that I am.  I mean, sure, I love snow... but in December, January, February, even March.  Not May.

It makes me wonder what on earth is going on with our atmosphere when something like this happens, which is a great segue in to today's blog post.

Things that I wonder about.

Of all my blog post topics, this is the post that I'm wondering if I'll be able to do.  I mean, I wonder about a lot of things... but things that are blog worthy?  

I guess I'll give it a try...

I wonder why I don't wonder about my future as much as I did just a few years ago.  Ten, five, even just two years ago, I spent a lot of time wondering what my future held.  Now, I don't think about it as much.  I take one day at a time and let life just play out.

I wonder if it's because now that I've finished school and found my dream job if there just isn't that much to wonder about anymore.  I mean, I could wonder about my kids' futures... but waiting to see what happens with them and what paths they choose just seems more appealing.

I wonder if we'll ever get to move out of this house.  No real explanation needed for that one.

I wonder how upset everyone reading my blog will be when I let them know that I probably won't be able to give my big reveal that I've been putting off for a month.  And that was my way of telling everyone that I won't be able to do my big reveal on Sunday.  Sorry, folks.  I got word yesterday that I should be able to reveal by the end of next week.  No promises, though, because I don't want to have to let everyone down again.

I wonder what the people that know me think when they read some of my blog posts.  I mean, the people that really know me already know the stuff I blog about... but new friends and acquaintances.  Just yesterday, one of my teaching partners told me that I'm a girl with many layers.  It seems to be fascinating to her to learn so much about me through my blog.  Which I think is a good thing... but I wonder if other people think the same

I wonder why it's so hard for me to make friends with some people, but so hard with others.  I try pretty hard sometimes to try and become friendly with some people, only to get the vibe that I'm wasting my time.  Then, I  do something as simple as spark up some conversations with someone and we begin to bloom a great friendship.  Take last night for example.  Peanut and I got to have dinner with a family I feel like we are becoming great friends with.  It helps that Peanut is best friends with their son, I'm sure.  But it's so nice to be friends with parents and have so much in common.  I didn't have to go out of my way to try and become friends with them...it just happened.  And it's left me wondering.  A good, happy wonder.  Why are some relationships so easy to build while others can be so difficult?

I wonder what exactly I did to deserve such a wonderful life.  I've been through my share of trials and tribulations, but to come out on the other side with so many blessings is one of my big wonders.  I used to spend each day scared if something good happened to me, because I just knew that something bad was right around the corner.  It seems like in the past couple of years, everything has just fallen nicely in to place.

I wonder what I'm going to do this weekend without two of my kids around.  It's not very often that two thirds of my kids are gone at the same time.

I wonder if I should probably wrap up this blog post, because I'm really having a hard time coming up with more stuff I wonder about.  

And, the answer to that is yes.

Have a great Friday!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!