Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can It Be? Am I Really on Winter Break?


The day has arrived that I started to think was never going to come.  The first official day of Winter Break.  This past week has been the longest week EVA!!  But, now it's over...and I can enjoy a full week before Christmas doing fun, Christmassy things. 

Waking up at 6:40am on the first day of Winter Break was not on the to-do list, but apparently I was so dang excited - I just wanted to get an early start. 

Before I get to anything else, I've got to share the amazing week I had being part of Secret Santa at work.  It was so much fun, and I was totally wrong about who I thought my Secret Santa was.  The whole week, I was just sure that it had to be someone I didn't work too closely with, but close enough that the person knew a little about me.  I guessed one of the kindergarten teachers that I eat lunch with every day.  I don't work closely with them, but they talk to me - so they have a pretty good idea of who I am and the things I like.

The whole week, I was discussing my theories with one of the 3rd grade teachers.  I consider myself to be the closest with the 3rd grade team - because I spend the majority of my day in their classrooms, and also spend time planning with them and talking to them outside of work.  Every day she'd ask me if I'd received my Secret Santa gift, ask me what I'd gotten, and I'd tell her about the awesome stuff I was receiving. 

Yesterday morning, while everyone was disclosing their Secret Santa identities....I was caught completely off guard when my Secret Santa turned out to be the teacher I'd been talking to all week long.  That little toot.  She totally got me. 

On the first day of Secret Santa, she got me a mini Diet Dr. Pepper, a Santa memo book, and a plastic Christmas cup filled with mini chocolate bars.  On the second day, I received the coolest fabric coffee mug.  Here's a pic...


It had a mini Dr. Pepper and more mini chocolate bars in it.  She definitely knows me!!

On the third day, I received a bag of Keurig cups.  Our school has a new Keurig machine in the teacher's lounge, and she knows how much I love my morning coffee.  A mini sampler of different varieties of K-Cups is the best way to brighten my day.  On the fourth day, I received a mini Diet Dr. Pepper and a king size Almond Joy - my most favorite type of candy bar.  And yesterday, for the last day, she got me a cuddly, fleece Santa blanket.  I was excited about the blanket, but not nearly as excited as Jelly was when she saw it.  Since getting the blanket home, this has been Jelly...






She LOVES it!  I'm glad, cause that means she's finally given up the blanket she's had since she was a baby.  I never thought that would happen.

The whole experience was a great one - and I will totally be participating again.  Fingers and toes crossed I'm still in the same school next year, please.

Today, I get to have a kid-free day.  They don't happen very often, and when they do - I get a little giddy with excitement.  Especially when my kid-free day involves going Christmas shopping.  The goal for today is to finish up all of the Christmas shopping.  I'm not coming home until it's done.  It's a week before Christmas and I never wait this long to finish - so it has to be done today.  Thankfully, I only have a couple more things to get....so I'm not too far behind.

I'm also going to go see my friend, Hope.  She's doing much better, and I hate the fact that I haven't been to see her all week.  It will be nice to visit for a little while, make sure she's OK, and give her all of the gifts that her wonderful kiddos got her for Christmas. 

Alright, I've already been sitting here for over an hour....time to get moving.

Everyone have a WONDERFUL Saturday!!


Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!