Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fill 'Er Up Saturday? Doesn't Sound as Good.. But Oh Well

I know that this was a feature I started doing on Fridays... but with the holidays, I kind of lost track of it.  Saturdays are designated for BYOC, but Drazil has been working on her own thing - and so I've got to come up with something to write about today.


Before I begin, you have to check out Drazil's version of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas that she came up with yesterday.  I'll warn you in advance:  Do NOT read while consuming hot liquids...you will end up spitting them out and burning yourself and your computer in the process.  

With all of the holiday cheer that I've been spreading, I haven't really spoken a whole lot about what's going on with me.  The me outside of preparing for Christmas and being wrapped up in Christmas spirit.  So, that's what I'm going to give you today.  You have to be interested, right?  Well, then you're welcome...

It's currently day 6 of Jelly having Chicken Pox.  Despite being covered in head to toe with nasty, itchy spots, Jelly is taking the whole thing very well.  Hubby has stayed home with her every day, and they've been having a blast playing video games and destroying my house.  This morning, it appears that most of the spots have scabbed over - which means that she's on her way to no longer being contagious.  That's what I was told...and that's what I'm hoping.  She's not scratching anymore, so that's a plus.

When I got home from work, yesterday, I started feeling cruddy.  Not sure why.  I'd been fine all day at work - but all of sudden, I got hit with a stuffy nose, sore throat, and a headache from Hades.  Unfortunately, today I still have it all.  Blah!

Even though I said I wasn't really going to talk about my weight all month, I am happy to report that I've somehow lost 3lbs in the past week.  I know, I'm as shocked as you are.  I decided to stand on the scale this morning - just to get an update on the damage.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the scale was down 3lbs from what it was last weekend.  Apparently not talking about my weight loss has led to weight loss...let's hope that I'm not jinxing myself.

I have been a crocheting fool for the past couple of weeks.  I've found a new project that I've been trying out:  Making house shoes that look like snow boots.  My first pair weren't exactly anything to brag about, and unfortunately I made them as a birthday present for a friend's daughter.  She was super polite and told me she loved them - although I wasn't thrilled with how they turned out.  I'm now working on my second pair - for Jelly - so that I can work out the kinks.  I've also got a list of scarves and fingerless gloves that I have to knock out by Christmas...cause I'm giving them away as gifts. 

I truly think that my current crocheting frenzy has had a direct result on my weight loss.  I know that sounds stupid - but hear me out.  Because I've spent every evening crocheting, I haven't been mindlessly looking through the kitchen cabinets for things to eat.  I haven't even been drinking much flavored coffee, either.  I needed something that would keep my mind off of pointless eating, and crocheting seems to be the fix I needed. 

Being that I feel like total dog dodo today, I'm going to spend the entire day curled up on the couch crocheting and watching Christmas movies.  If Hubby has a problem with it, then I may have to move to the bedroom.  Which doesn't bother me one bit.  I have absolutely no problem spending the entire day in bed if I have to.  Hey!  I'm sick...don't judge!

I truly believe that I have one of the greatest men in the world living right here in my house.  Seriously.  He's spent his entire week off doting around after a demanding four year old, happily.  He's woken up at 6am every day, even after going to bed late because his body is still in work mode, happily.  He's cooked dinner every night, happily.  He planned all of this week's meals and is going out to do all of the grocery shopping today, happily.  OK, the last one is probably because he has major cabin fever and wants nothing more than a couple of hours outside of the house alone.... but it's saving me the trouble of having to do it.  On top of all that, he's even agreed to make 84 brownies for my work's cookie exchange that I'm doing this week.  I'm not sure how I managed to be lucky enough to score such an amazing Hubby... but I'm so glad I did.

Lastly, I'm down to only having 5 work days left until my winter break begins.  I'm super excited...and can't wait!  This week, I'm participating in Secret Santa, doing a cookie exchange, and attending several classroom Christmas parties.  Be forewarned, I'll be blogging about all of it.  I'll be kicking off my Twelve Days of Christmas theme this week.  I still have no idea how I'm going to do it... but I'll figure it out by Tuesday, when the 12 day countdown starts.

Alright, I'm off to the couch.  I have crocheting to do...and resting.  I have to get over this crud by Monday - cause I'm not missing work this week no way no how

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. All sorts of stuff in this post...sorry about BYOC...I just wasn't feeling it so I wrote a poem instead. YAY on the loss!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!