Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Last Mantra of the Year



Good morning, Sugarplums!!

Do you feel the buzz in the air that the month of December brings?  Hopefully it's a warm, fuzzy buzz.... don't want no Scrooge's - thankyouverymuch!

I'm buzzing...with excitement, warmth, happiness.....the Christmas season is upon us in full force - and I couldn't be any happier.

Before I get to my new monthly mantra for December, I want you all to pop on over to Chantelle's blog.... yes, right now... go on... off you go....  I had the wonderful pleasure of guest posting for her today.  My guest post is the first of a series she is doing on her blog for Christmas.  Each day, a new blogger will share a story about Christmas traditions.  I was so excited she asked me to  be a part of it - and honored that I got to be the first person to post.  So, again....get yourself over there and have a looksie. 

I had a lot of fun writing that post.

OK, so now on to my post for today....my new Monthly Mantra.

Last month, Rejuvenate was the word for the month.  I knew that I was stuck in a rut of not really focusing on my weight loss...and just needed a break.  I think I did a pretty good job of rejuvenating.  I took a step back from the hustle and bustle, and just destressed.  By the time Thanksgiving got here, my rejuvenation paid off.  There was no stress for Thanksgiving, and my entire family got to reap the benefits of a calm, happy Joanna.  Definitely a win for all parties involved.

So, this month... I want to follow that same path.  With the year I've had, I'm no fool to believe that I'm magically going to start thinking about weight loss now.  It's Christmas....it's just not going to happen.  Because of that, I decided that there was only really one mantra that was going to suit my mood for the month....and that would be?  RELAXING!!

Yes, Relax is my mantra for December.

Looking at the picture above, I just want to curl up on the couch with a book or a good Christmas movie.  I want to snuggle with my kids, and sip hot chocolate.  I just want to not worry about anything but having a good time, this Christmas.  In order to do that?  I've just got to relax.

I have only 12 work days left before I get two full weeks off for Christmas break.  Twelve days, that's it!!  My mind has already checked out and gone in to full blown Christmas celebration mode... but I have to be strong for twelve more days.  With all the fun that's going on at work, I know I can do it.  I'm taking part in Secret Santa, a Cookie Exchange, and will watch my two oldest kids perform in their Christmas programs.

I've got so much to make up for, this year.  Last year, I was up to my eye balls in homework and spent a majority of my time in front of my computer writing papers and lesson plans.  I wasn't able to fully get in to Christmas mode until two days before Christmas.  That's not happening this year, no sir.  

Speaking of writing papers - I need you guys to do some writing for me.  Pretty please?  I want to hear about some of the traditions you do in your house for Christmas, funny Christmas stories, Christmas traditions... the works.  I will be randomly posting guest post features throughout the month.  You guys are the main reason I come here each day and pound away at this keyboard.  I want to share my love for you all by letting you share right here on my blog.  Email me if you're interested.

My mind is full of Christmassy ideas that I want to do on my blog and in real life.  Tomorrow, I will be writing my letter to Santa.... it's about time the Big Guy heard from me.  I don't want to leave it too late.

Alright, that's enough from me for one day.  Go check out my guest post - if you didn't when I asked you to... Right HERE.    Email me if you're interested in writing a little something for my blog.  You can get my email address in the Contact Me button on the top tool bar.

Everyone have a WONDERFUL first day of December.... and remember, RELAX! It's Christmas!

Till next time. ;)

Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!