Thursday, December 15, 2011

Longest. Week. Ever!!

Did you miss me yesterday? Did you even notice I was gone?  Don't feel bad...I would totally understand.  If your week has been anything like mine, then the last thing you're thinking about is missing blog posts.

I had such good intentions for this week for my blog.  I wanted to start off the twelve days of Christmas.  I wanted to do a little countdown post each day highlighting something I want for Christmas.  I wanted to share with you all the gifts I've been receiving from my Secret Santa.  I wanted to... but haven't....yet.

This week has been crazy.  And Oh Em Gee, has it been slow.  I feel like a kid a week from going to Disney World.  Every day seems to drag on forever.  Not that I don't like being at work - just that I'm so ready for the break....and the kids are, too.  I've got so much going on this week, too, which would normally make the week go by faster.... but it hasn't.

I didn't post yesterday because I got up late.  Not sure why.  I had plenty of sleep the night before, just didn't want to get up I suppose.  See, I told you.  I'm so ready for the break.  If I'm not getting up in the mornings - after getting plenty of sleep - something has to be wrong.  Anywhoozle, I was up late.  No biggie, I could do the post in the evening.  But I didn't get home until 6pm last night.

After school, yesterday, there was a special viewing of Polar Express for the kiddos that had reached their reading goal this quarter.  I like to volunteer for this event, cause I have a little hand in the kids reaching their goals - and I like to celebrate with them.  Well, it didn't get over until 4:30.  Then I stayed to make sure all of the kiddos were picked up.  It was POURING down rain when we finally left.  That mixed with rush hour traffic led to a drive home that lasted an hour.

When I did finally get home, I was tired.  But there was no stopping....not for a while.  Dinner had to be eaten, and then I had to wrap 22 bags of brownies.  Yep.  Twenty-two bags!! 

I'm doing a cookie exchange today, after school.  There are twenty-two people participating.  Each person has to receive 4 things of whatever is being made.  Thankfully, I didn't have to do any baking.  Hubby did it all.  Isn't he wonderful?  So, he spent all day yesterday cooking 100 brownies.  Coffee/Caramel brownies to be exact.  After dinner, I spent about an hour cutting brownies and placing them in to 22 little Christmas gift bags.  Then, I got to finally enjoy a brownie (or two). 

Today, there's a lot of fun stuff going on at work.  The cookie exchange is one, but we're also having a waffle breakfast this morning.  That will be nice.  I'm pretty sure that today will be the last day of making the kids do any real work....cause they are all so ready for a break that they've all kind of shut their brains off.  Tomorrow, it will be parties.  I'm sure there will be no getting them to do anything other than focusing on the parties.  The actual parties may only last for 30 minutes... but I know that those kids have different plans.  And I don't blame them one bit.

Before I go, and this is long overdue, I would like you all to keep one of my best friends in your thoughts today and for the rest of the week.  My dear friend, Hope, had a little accident on Sunday.  She fell and knocked herself unconscious.   When she went to the ER, they found a fracture in her skull that was causing some bleeding on her brain.  She had to spend two days in the hospital.  Because of all that, she's not at work this week.  She's so bummed about it.  This is her first year teaching, and getting to spend the first Christmas party with them was a big deal.  She is a wonderful teacher, and her kids adore her.  They are just as bummed as she is that she can't be there to celebrate with them. 

Hope - my dear friend - if you are reading this....first, GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND REST!!  Second, I love you...and I'm so sorry that this had to happen to you on this important week.  Just know that I'm thinking about you.  Your kids are all thinking about you, too.  Despite how much we miss you, the most important thing right now is getting you well.  Get well soon, and I'll see you this weekend.

Alright, it's time to get ready.

Everyone have a great Thursday. Just one more day until Winter Break!! YAY!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!