Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Last Post About Christmas

I'm Back!!!

Did you miss me?  I truly hope you didn't...and that's because I hope you were so busy with Christmas festivities - as I was - that you couldn't care less that I haven't posted in two days. 

The past couple of days were WONDERFUL!  I had a fantastic Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day...so much so, that I have to tell you all about it.  I will try my best to not let this post go on forever - but I doubt I'll be able to make a promise.  I could break it up in to two posts... but I want this to officially be the last post about Christmas.

Christmas Eve we left shortly after I finished my blog post.  We first headed to Missouri for a quick trip - so that Momma could buy a bottle of something that isn't sold in the county I live in.  Hey, it was Christmas.  I like to have a little sip of liquids not found in the dry county in which I live.  From there it was on to the in-laws to deliver some presents.  We spent a couple of hours with my in-laws before it was off to pseudo mother-in-law's house.

We were at PMIL's house all day and in to the evening.  The kids watched movies and played.  Hubby and I sat at the table with PMIL and visited.  We opened gifts and the kids were all very happy.  I got a manicure gift certificate and was super excited - it's been a while, and my nails are pretty neglected looking.  Hubby got a mixer - something he's been wanting for a while.  Peanut got a new down comforter and cover for her bed, Butter got a Hot Wheels race track that attaches to the wall, and Jelly got a V-Tech bike that she liked so much, she played with it for about an hour before it actually got hooked up to the TV.  Around 6:30, we decided we better get home, or the cookies for Santa would never get made.

Once we were home, Butter decided he really didn't want to make cookies.  He went to bed, and the girls and I stayed up to get the cookies made.  When I say that, I mean I got the girls started - but they did most of the cookie making.  They made two trays of cookies - and frosted one tray.  As soon as they were done, Jelly picked out four cookies to leave for Santa and poured him a glass of egg nog and they were off to bed.

Christmas morning, Peanut and Jelly were awake before 6am.  Usually, I'd be just as awake as they are at that time...but I wasn't.  I got up and went in to their room to see if they would be OK with waiting a little while before getting up.  Jelly was fine - she hooked up her new bike to the TV and Peanut was busy going through all of the stuff in the stocking that Santa had filled.  I went back to bed.

I couldn't really sleep after I went back to bed - which is pretty usual - so I got up a little before 7.  I just realized that I didn't get a picture of the tree and all of the presents before the kids started unwrapping.  That stinks.  But, oh well.  There were LOTS of gifts...lots more than the kids expected.  I think they all ended up with 13 gifts each...and there were a few extra for Daddy and I. 

For two hours we unwrapped presents.  Did you hear that?  I said TWO HOURS!  We stopped for a break here and there - so that I could start cooking breakfast and stuff... but the breaks were no more than a couple of minutes long.  The kids were so excited and happy with everything that they got.  In fact, each child got everything that they asked for - EVERYTHING.  Thankfully, the kids hadn't asked for any extravagant gifts, so they were quite content.  Peanut got an array of nail polish sets, a hair straightener, new sneakers, a few movies, etc.  Butter got the new clothes he'd wanted, new boots, a few toys he hadn't asked for, etc.  Jelly got the iPhone she'd asked for - and was quite content that it was only a toy, a new baby doll, a magna doodle, etc.  The fun came when they got to the last gifts to open.  These were the gifts that the kids hadn't asked for - but I knew they wanted.  Butter got a new DVD player, Jelly got a Leap Pad with a bunch of books and games, and Peanut?  Well, she got a new tablet...and when she opened it, was in such shock that she sat there stunned for a couple of minutes before saying anything.  She has wanted a cell phone for months and months - but Hubby and I weren't really ready to give her one.  She only wanted a cell phone, however, so that she could text her friends.  When I told her that there was an app she could install on the tablet so that she could text?  Well, there was no more wanting a cell phone for her.  Not only can she text, but she can use Facebook....the girl's dreams had all come true. 

Hubby really outdid himself this year with buying gifts for me from the kids.  I ended up with 6 gifts.  Way more than the amount I usually get.  The custom is that I buy a gift for Hubby and the kids buy one - the same for the reverse.  This year, however, Hubby thought it would be much better for each of the kids to get me a little something...and then one from all of them.  He bought them kits so that they could each make me a little purse.  I received 3 little wallet type purses that the kids all customized for me, and then they got together and made a big messenger type purse for me - that's even got my name on it!  Peanut went one step higher and wrote her own poem to put into the wallet she gave me.  As I started reading the poem, I knew I was going to cry.  I did.  Big time.  I couldn't even read it all without blubbering.  I will be sure to share it with you some time this week.  Hubby got me a pedicure gift certificate to go with the manicure gift certificate that PMIL got for me.  I was very happy.

After a couple of hours of letting the kids explore and try out their new stuff, it was off to Grandma's house.  Once we got there, we did another round of opening presents, and the kids then spent the day playing outside.  We were very lucky, weather wise.  It was cool, but not cold.  The kids were able to run around all day long - and stay out of the way of the adults that were busy preparing dinner. 

Christmas dinner was a huge success.  Everything was delicious, and my mom managed to squeeze 20 people in her dining room around one table - minus the four little kids that sat at their own table.  After dinner, it was an evening of talking, laughing, and enjoying time together.  I couldn't of asked for a better time. 

Yesterday, aka Boxing Day, I sat around in my PJ's all day.  Everyone had a pretty lazy day helping kids open toys out of boxes, and watching soccer.  My eyes were opened to the wonder of Angry Birds - which I had deliberately not installed on my phone for the reason that I knew I'd get addicted.... but I couldn't help myself.  My mom made the usual Boxing day dinner of left over meat, mashed potatoes, and pickles...and it was delicious.  After that, it was time to get ready and head home via a quick trip to Wal-Mart.

When we got home last night, I was exhausted and so was everyone else.  Everyone except for Hubby who managed to stay up until 1am playing a video game.  The kids went to bed early, and I made my way there around 11.  I was apparently so tired that I slept until 10:30 this morning.  That's VERY unusual for me.

Now, the kids have a couple of days to use their new toys and destroy my house before New Year's is upon us.  We are then repeating the whole Christmas thing by going to my parent's house.  Then it will be time to go back to work. 

This week I'm going to be very busy preparing my new plans for 2012.  As of January 1st, I'm making a promise to myself that the weight loss is going to happen.  It's back to eating right, working out, and being the girl I was in 2010.  The girl that lost almost 80lbs.  That's for later this week, however.  Now?  I'm off to post all of my Christmas pics to Facebook and enjoy some time with my kiddos.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!

Till next time. ;)
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!