Sunday, December 11, 2011

OK, Enough Already...



Yep.  That's me.  Well, a cartoon image of exactly what I feel like...so, close enough.  Remember how I told you yesterday that I was feeling a little cruddy?  Well, that turned out to be the understatement of the year.  I somehow jinxed myself - and shortly after getting off the computer and on to the comfort of the couch, my feeling a little cruddy turned in to feeling downright crappy.  Even that is putting it mildly.

I don't get sick very often.  Even when I do, it's generally pretty mild.  I might get the sniffles, I might get a sore throat, sometimes I even get a migraine.  But not all at the same time.  That's just not fair - a triple whammy in the same day?  Not cool!

And the sniffles were not just the sniffles.  It was like a faucet in my brain had been turned on full blast, and snot was running out of my nose like a jet spray.  TMI?  Oh, just wait...it's going to get better.  A couple of times I thought I was having a nose bleed because the snot was running out of my nose so fast it was dripping on my clothes.  Gross, right?  Oh, there's more...

The sore throat was not just a sore throat.  The little germs in my throat were apparently having a sauna party, and turned up the heat to full blast.  Seriously, I thought I was going to be able to blow smoke rings my throat felt so hot inside.  Drinking cold liquids just made it worse.  It was like eating hot peppers and following up with water...the burn got hotter.

Finally came the migraine.  A migraine that decided to be the queen of all migraines.  I felt like someone was sticking daggers into my eyes, but from behind my eyeballs...that make sense?  Yes, from the inside I was having sharp, stabbing pains.  Pain that was so bad I couldn't keep my eyes open, but it hurt to close them.  The light sensitivity made my dim lamp feel like I was looking directly in to the sun.

At around 8pm last night, I was in tears.  The pain and crappy feeling was just too much.  I curled up on the couch and hoped that closing my eyes would help me go to sleep...and I could escape from it all.  And I did.  For a couple of hours.  I woke up around midnight.  The daggers in my eyes had subsided...that was a relief.  My throat was still sore and the faucet was still running in my nose.  I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't.  So, I ended up being awake until after 3am.  Perfect.

I did manage to go back to sleep for a while, but was harshly woken up this morning by Peanut and Jelly having a full blown brawl in their bedroom.  They thought their Momma was crabby any other day without coffee... try adding in the way I felt with the sickies and HOLY MOTHER OF HADES!!  The wrath shall come out and be passed down!

To make matters worse...yes, that's possible, apparently...Butter also woke up in a bad mood and his mouth got him grounded until New Year, and the threat that there would be no Christmas....all because I felt like a bear with a sore head and everyone else was apparently going to feel as bad as I did.  Don't worry - I took back the over zealousness of my punishment a few minutes later after he apologized for his behavior.  I, too, apologized because it wasn't fair to take how crappy I felt and pass it off to anyone in my path.

This isn't like me.  Usually I handle getting sick pretty well.  I try not to act like a big baby and feel sorry for myself... but in my defense I haven't been this sick in forever.

Thankfully, I feel a little better this morning.  When I say a little better I mean that I'm able to open my eyes without crying....and the faucet has been turned down to a low setting.  The temperature in my throat has also gone from scorching to high heat.  Tolerable, but still pretty sore.  Compared to yesterday?  A whole heck of a lot better!

Today, I have to get out of the house for a little while.  I need some fresh air.  I really don't like going out when I'm sick - because I don't think it's fair to pass my germs on to unsuspecting patrons at stores and other public places... but I can't help it today.  I have to get stuff for my Secret Santa.

I'm going to do my best to keep away from people..as much as I can.  I'm going to wrap up my throat and mouth with a scarf to try and avoid breathing out too many germs.  I'm going to stay away from the big stores and go to a smaller one...to decrease the amount of people that may be exposed to me.  I will do what I can.  I try to be good like that.

Other than that and doing some laundry, I plan on trying to get some more rest.  Not sure how much I'll be able to get... but I'm gonna try.

Alright, enough complaining for me for one day.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm sorry. I'm sick now, but NOTHING like that :(. I hope that all this leaves you really quickly and you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!