Monday, July 23, 2012

I Was Up at 7:30am...

I don't, honestly, remember the last time I was up at 7:30am.  Of my own accord, anyway.  When I set the alarm and decided that was the time I wanted to get up.  Getting up at 7:30am, on a Monday, during the summer just isn't supposed to happen...especially since I didn't get home from my parent's house until 11pm and didn't go to bed until midnight last night. 

But there is a very important reason for breaking my soft slumber this morning.  A huge reason.  The reason of all reasons.  And that would be?  Today is the very first day I get to go and work in my classroom!

It is a very surreal feeling...knowing that I finally have my own classroom.  I've been through so much to get to this point.  I started to think this day wasn't ever going to come.  And, really, I'm one of the lucky ones.  There are still several people I went to school with and graduated with that still haven't managed to find teaching jobs.  Teaching jobs in my area are pretty hard to come-by...so I have to count my blessings each and every day.

There isn't really too much I can get done today - being that I'm only able to take as much stuff as my small car will hold.  And the boxes I have are all huge.  So, it will take several trips over the course of the next couple of weeks to get all of my stuff moved in. Hubby owns a truck that would make the move of my stuff a lot easier - except his truck is old, and beaten up, and we're just not sure it's able to handle that kind of torture.

Peanut is excited to help me out with setting my classroom up.  Which is a huge relief to me.  She was so upset when I got this job, knowing it would take her out of the district she has been going to school.  She only went to that school district for a year - but she feels it was the best school year of her life.  She had such a rough time in our home town school district that it was nice for her to be able to make new friends and get a clean start.  And, only one year later, I'm making her do it all over again.  But, the initial upset seems to have passed and she, too, is excited about the start of our new lives.

She reminded me last night, during our drive home, that she hasn't forgotten making me promise to go to the gym at least three times this week.  She even commented that if I spent all week going to my classroom and doing all the doctor appointments that are set up, that Saturday and Sunday were still included in this week... so those would be two of the days if all else failed. I gotta love her support and spirit.  Who the heck needs a personal trainer when I've got her?  I have a feeling she won't let me slack off AT ALL.  She has already told me that she should smack me in the face for not going last week.  HA!

I know I'm all over the place today... but you can understand why.  I'm pounding away on the keyboard so that I can finish up and get ready to go.  I could have just waited on my blog post - but you all know that's just something I can't do. Writing my blog post each morning is a part of my ritual.  My day just doesn't seem to flow right if I don't do this first.  But, now I have...so it's time to get the kids up and get in the shower.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

2 comments:

  1. Haha - Peanut is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is. She has such a strong mentality - and she definitely has the "put up or shut up" mentality. She's openly told me that she's sick of me complaining about my weight. I either do something about it, or stop complaining. Just the mentality I need!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!