Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kid-Free Week Weigh-In...This Ought to Be Good


I'm really kinda glad that I switched my weigh-in days from Wednesday to Sunday.  Sunday is the perfect day to say goodbye to the previous week, and a big HELLO to the next week.  It let's me know how I did for the past seven days, and what I'm working with for the next seven days.

I was actually pretty shocked when I stood on the scale this morning.  This week has been anything but perfect in my weight loss efforts.  But, it has been perfect in allowing me some quality time with Hubby, giving me some much needed relaxation time before I go back to the hustle and bustle of a full-time work schedule, and showed me that one week of "slacking off" makes a terribly huge impact in terms of my future weight loss goals. 

This next week ahead of me is going to start introducing me to a few of the challenges I will face once I'm back at work full time.  I will be working in my classroom on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  On Tuesday and Thursday, the kids have various doctor and dentist appointments.  Quite the busy week, but Peanut has made me promise that I will make it to the gym at least 3 times this next week.  Walking will be pretty much out of the question being that the temps are back up into the 100s each day - and don't even begin to get below 90 until after 9pm....sometimes 10pm. 

Being that I'm pretty much setting my own schedule for working - it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the best times to fit the gym in. 

But, you didn't come here to hear about all that, did you?  No, you want the numbers.  You want to know the meat of what this post is all about.  Well, don't let me keep you in suspense any longer.

Two weeks ago, I restarted this journey weighing in at 254.6lbs.
Last week, I had a great week and lost 2.2lbs giving me a weight of 252.4lbs.

This week, I was extremely shocked to see this:  251.8lbs. 
That means I've lost 0.6lbs this week.

Not great by any means - but it's not the small gain I had expected to see.  I'll take it!  After a week of only doing a tiny amount of working out and eating OK - but not perfect - I'm very happy to see a little loss.

My goal for this next week is to get myself back in to the 240s.  And I really need to meet that goal if I have any chance of reaching my three month weight loss goal of 40lbs by October 8th.  I have 11 weeks to lose 37.2lbs...or around 3.4lbs per week.  That's a very big goal, I know that... but I completely believe it's doable.

This afternoon, I have to go and pick up the kids.  I also plan on getting in to my parent's pool for a while and doing some swimming.  Not playing or relaxing - actual swimming.  I want to start the week off on the right foot.   I also need to start chugging my water again.

This week I bought a 52oz "Bubba" Mug.  The thing looks like a mini keg.  It's to go in to my classroom so that all day I have 52ozs of water to drink...just while I'm at work.  I figure if I'm pushing for a goal of 80ozs a day - I'll have no problem as long as I'm chugging from my mini-keg.  Until I go back to work, though, I will have to rely on drinking tons and tons of water all day long.  Whether it be drinking a cup each time I go in to the kitchen, carrying around my much smaller travel mug, or making sure I'm always buying bottles of water at the gas stations when I stop, I WILL get plenty of water in this week.

Today is grocery shopping day, too, which means stocking up on all the clean goodness I need to succeed this week. 

OK, time to go and figure out what I'm taking to my classroom tomorrow.  I'm so excited!  It feels so great to be able to say my classroom.  Oh, and I need to do the meal planner for this week, too.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!