Tuesday, November 06, 2012

A Little Ironic, Don't You Think?


To be honest... I find it a little ironic that I'm doing this type of post when our nation is about to vote on  election campaigns that have been based on several lies...not like this election is any different than any other.  Not going to get all political, but I'll be so glad when it's all over.

To be honest... I really hope that tomorrow morning, people wake up and realize how childish they've looked over the past few months personally attacking people for their values and their beliefs.  I hope there's that awkward moment where someone stands face to face with a person they've bashed and insulted simply because they didn't vote the same way.

To be honest... It wouldn't surprise me one bit if I start seeing hateful Facebook statuses replaced with "Na ne na ne boo boo" statements... because that's exactly how childish some people will be - regardless of the outcome.  And then I'll sit here and roll my eyes at those people.  I'll then make a note of some of those people, and in four years...when this all starts over again... I'm going to be the one with the status that says "Remember how hateful you were last time?  Was it worth it?  How much "change" did you get?"

To be honest... I'm so glad that I was able to explain the presidential election to my kiddos yesterday and was able to demonstrate that electing a president wasn't as easy as picking a name.  I was able to have a meaningful conversation about the benefits and negatives of both sides.  I was able to show them that even though they have several years until it's time for them to actually walk in to a real voting booth, they will have to weigh the pros and cons of each candidate - and pick the side that matters to them the most...and that the choices of today may affect their future.

To be honest... My two youngest cats are driving me nutso since the time change.  They keep trying to wake me up at 4am!  Not just that, but they are moving in to the "toddler" years, apparently, and are in to everything.  I'm so tired of picking up stuff they keep knocking off of shelves and tables.  Not only that, but they keep climbing up on stuff that they shouldn't be climbing on...and my office is starting to feel the side effects.  I've got paper and books everywhere.  And, I guess Prim is able to read... cause she just scratched me after looking at my computer screen.  Nice.

To be honest... I think I'm going to regret downloading SongPop on to my iPhone and iPad.  I played for just a few minutes last night, and it was pretty addicting.  Although, it's been a long time since I've actually used either my iPhone or iPad for playing games.  Might as well make the most of having electronics if I'm going to have them... right?  For some reason, all I ever use them for is researching, browsing Facebook, or searching for crochet patterns.  Oh, and occasionally I'll use my iPhone for actually calling people... but not very often.

To be honest... I can't believe that at this time in exactly seven weeks, I'll be laying in bed, wide awake, waiting for the kids to wake up so we can start our Christmas festivities.  Although, if Jelly doesn't get used to the time change by then - she'll probably be laying there right next to me and asking me if it's time to get up yet.  It always works out that I'm the first one awake in the house.  I usually get more excited than the kids do about Christmas morning.

To be honest... I'm a little worried how I'm going to pull off the whole Christmas situation this year.  The hiding spots that I've previously used have somehow managed to be filled up this year - so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with all the gifts.  And I don't even want to think about when I'm actually going to get to wrap them.  Maybe I can get my mom to take all the kids for a weekend so that I can get it done.  Or P-Momma.  I'm sure I can find someone to help me out.  *Fingers crossed*

To be honest... It blows my mind that after Christmas break, there will only be 5 months of the school year left.  Five months.  That's nothing.  It will fly by in the blink of an eye.  Not only will it be the end of my first year of teaching, but it will be the end of paying for preschool for Jelly.  It will mean getting Jelly enrolled in to kindergarten.  Oh my goodness... what am I thinking already talking about May?  Let's get through the next few months, first.

To be honest... My mind has starting doing that thing again where it starts wandering off into about eight different directions.. which means it's a good time for me to call it quits for the day. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!