Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to Life as Normal... For Four More Weeks, Anyway



These past five days went by so fast.  Not that I mind having to go back to work, but I also feel that I didn't get much of a "break".  I was so busy the whole time... well, most of the time.  OK, OK, FINE.  I was busy two days out of the five.  But that just leaves me a normal weekend.

I guess I can't complain, though.  I did have a lot of fun.  The shopping, the cooking, the eating, the movie watching, the tree trimming - just what I needed to really give me a jolt in to Christmas.  Every night since Thursday, we've watched at least one Christmas movie.  I've shopped more in the past few days that I think I have all year.  And let's not mention the food.  UGH!

Yesterday, Peanut and I went and saw the final Twilight movie:  Breaking Dawn Part II.  And Oh Em Gee, it was FANTASTIC!  I will go out on a limb and say my favorite one of the entire series.  I'm not one to give out spoilers, but if you liked any of the Twilight movies, you'll absolutely ADORE this one.  I got a little teary eyed at the end of the movie - not because of anything that happened, just because it hit me that this was another of my favorite movie series over with.  First Harry Potter, now Twilight.  Done.  Gone. 

It's OK, though.  Peanut and I were reinforced with what movie we'd be seeing this time next year - the same time we've watched all of the Harry Potter and Twilight movies - The Hunger Games.  Oh yes, Mockingjay comes out next November.  Thank you previews!  Not that we got to preview the movie, but we did get a nice official notice that the movie would be out November, 2013.

On the way home from the movies, Peanut and I stopped and picked up Arthur Christmas and The Christmas Story.  Two more Christmas movies to add to our evening line-up. I watched both of them last night, but I'm sure I'll be seeing them again and again over the next four weeks. 

I found out a travesty last night.  Peanut has NEVER watched The Christmas Story before.  As in NEVER, EVER.  I know.  I was as shocked and appalled as you probably are right now.  Normally, I would take the full blame for an injustice of this magnitude - but this time, its' all on her.  I've watched 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS for as many years as they've been showing 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS.  As in I turn it on the minute I get up Christmas Eve, and it stays on - apart from the time we're out visiting family and stuff - until the 24 hours are over.  It just goes to show that child spends WAY too much time locked up in her room.  Metaphorically speaking.  I don't literally lock her up.  She stays in her room a lot.  I don't put her there.   

Anywho, despite some of my recent troubles with family and such, I feel more in the Christmas spirit this year than I have in many years.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm an active teacher and I feel like I've overcome a major life struggle.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that all of my children and happy and are succeeding in their new school surroundings.  And a lot of it has to do with the discovery of recent events that all the family I really need to keep me this happy is right here under my roof. 

The next four weeks are going to go by about as fast as molasses.  Four weeks still sounds like such a long time.  But, I'll be making the time go by as fast as I can by talking A LOT about Christmas.  So, I guess this is your forewarning.  If you're a Scrooge that mumbles "Humbug!" at the mere mention of Christmas... you might want to stay away from here for the next four weeks.  If you're a Christmas lover as much as I am?  Well, then you're going to be just fine.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!