Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Truthful Tuesday



To be honest... I really don't have that much rolling around my head to be honest about today.  The days are going by in such a blur that it feels like I just wrote last week's Truthful Tuesday post and that not much has happened since then.

To be honest... I'm not thrilled about having to miss another day out of the classroom for another training.  While I believe that professional development is very important - I just hate having to miss so many days with my kiddos.  And by so many days, I mean once a month.  And that's too much in my opinion.  While I always get great stuff from my trainings - stuff that will help me in the classroom and better the educational experience for my kids - I can't help but miss them when I'm gone.  That's the part I don't like.

To be honest... I'm really going to have to keep myself from falling in to the Christmas bubble I get in to this time of year - when all I can think about is Christmas and I don't want to do anything but think about Christmas.  I've already started planning the Christmas party for school, and the activities we're going to do.  What I need to be planning is the content I'm going to be teaching for the next few weeks before any of the Christmas activities can take place.

To be honest... I really feel so blessed that I'm allowed to be able to think about Christmas celebrations at school. Then again, I do work in a town called Noel.  I just don't think it would be right to work in a town with that name and not be allowed to celebrate.

To be honest... I find it pretty humorous and mildly disturbing how much media attention is being given to the petitions for state secession.  From what I last read, twenty states have filed petitions for succession from the United States.  I don't know who started these petitions - but I think it's ridiculous.  Do people actually realize what succession would mean?  No more government funding for anything - which includes education and military.  Do all of the 20 states that have requested the petition (my own state and the state I work for is involved with this) believe that they could stand alone as their own nation?  But, at the end of the day, it's really not going to matter much.  Yahoo news says it best when they reported that being granted secession is:  
"Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing."

To be honest... I'm now on the verge of going off on a big political rant and just don't have the time or energy.  I think it best that I just quit now and go get ready for work.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!