Friday, November 02, 2012

Dear November...And Other Friday Letters


Dear November.... WELCOME!! I'm so happy that you are here.  You are my second favorite month, behind December.  That's because you are so closely related to the reasons December is my favorite month - the cold weather comes AND I can't start planning for Christmas.  You also happen to be the month in which Thanksgiving takes place, and the month people start posting daily Facebook statuses sharing what they are thankful for.  I like that idea, but remembering to post every day is hard for me.  I was planning on doing a special post yesterday on here to kick off a Thankful Thursday segment.. but I got sidetracked.  So, I figure instead of doing a daily Facebook status, I'll post a Thankful Thursday post for the rest of this month.  I still have three Thursdays left, so that should be plenty of time to get in everything that I'm truly thankful for in my life.

Dear Crochet Hook... Thanks for helping me out the past few days to help me create this:


It's my first ever Sock Monkey hat!  While it's not perfect (the mouth ended up a little crocked), I think I did a pretty darn good job being that I pieced together patterns and ideas from pictures.  One ear doesn't have the perfect "bowl" look like the other one - but all in all, I think it turned out really well...and it can only get better from here now that I know how to make one.  It only took me a few days of crocheting for about an hour a night.  I just hope that after Butter being on at me for so long to make him one, that he actually wears it.  It chaffs my behind when I make something as cute as this for one of the kids, and then it never sees the light of day.  Jelly now, of course, wants one.  So, I guess I'll be making her one next.  Get ready, cause I have lots more in store for you this winter, Hook.

Dear Spring Like Weather... I really don't know why you're here.  I got so excited when I started to feel the crisp morning air about a week ago - and started needing a jacket.  Then, all of a sudden, this week you've decided to move on in... and the afternoons I'm sweating because it's so darn hot.  OK, so 70 degrees isn't exactly hot, but it is for November.  It's time for you to go somewhere else and let Old Man Winter start making his way here.  Thanks.  Buh-Bye.

Dear Daylight Savings Time... You are like Christmas in November.  Getting a whole extra hour to sleep and still waking up around the same time is just fantastic.  Of course, now I have to explain to my cats what daylight savings is, so they don't wake me up at 5am instead of 6am this weekend.  With the week that I've had, I know that I need that extra hour...and I'm so ready to enjoy it.

Dear Fever Blister That Has Appeared on My Lip... Why is it that you always seem to appear when I have to have pictures taken?  Today is picture day because I wasn't at work the first time pictures were taken.  Now, my first picture in a yearbook as a teacher is going to feature me with a fever blister.  Great.  You just couldn't have held out for one more day, could you?  And you couldn't have appeared in the corner of my mouth or somewhere where I can do a good job of hiding you.  No.  You have to come in loud and proud - right smack dab in the middle of my top lip.  Thanks sooo much for that.  And in case you don't get sarcasm, I'm basically telling you that YOU SUCK!

Dear Sweet Children of Mine, Mostly Butter... I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but we are down to less than two months until Christmas.  It's not really the best time of year to start getting in to trouble.  I don't know how many times that I've told you - if you lie to me, I will find out.  And then once I catch you in a lie, you're going to get in trouble for it.  My advice for you would be to take your punishment and move on - not get yourself in to even more trouble by refusing to do your chores because "you're already grounded so it doesn't matter".  Oh, contrare my sweet child.  When you refuse to do your chores, I just add more time to your grounding.  It's a lose-lose situation for you.  And I know that you're going to get mad when you find out this morning that I'm adding two extra days to your grounding for not doing your chores.  But, try to remember that you are the one to make your choices in life... you are the one that has to face the consequences for your choices.

Dear Cleaning Fairy... YOU'RE FIRED!  I spent a couple of hours cleaning last weekend, and in a matter of two days my living room was back to looking like a tornado had flown through.  I just don't know how a house that only has children in it (awake) for a couple of hours a day can get so darned messy.  Are you having parties while we are all gone during the day?  That has to be it.  You're supposed to be making sure that once I clean the house, it stays that way.  At least for a little while.  Yeah, yeah, I know how messy my children are.  I know they are the ones that keep insisting on making so much mess.  But, it would be nice if you could show up now and then and make all that disappear.  The mess, not my kids.  Although....  No, just kidding!

Dear Weekend... Can you believe that we are going to get to spend time together that doesn't involve me sitting at the computer and working?  I know, doesn't seem possible does it?  I've managed to get all of my work done this week - so I don't have to do anything this weekend.  My plans are written, papers are graded.  I know, it is pretty amazing.  My hope is that I can get out of the house this weekend and possibly go see P-Momma.  I haven't seen her in a few weeks, and I'd love to go see her.  Oh, and I'm putting sleep on the agenda.  Lots of it.  Let's just see if I'm able to check that one off.

Dear Me... You need to go get ready for work.  As close as it may be, it's not the weekend just yet.  You still have a full day of work to get in.  So, get to getting.  K?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!