Friday, March 22, 2013

BYOC is BACK!!



Thank goodness for Drazil!  I really don't know what I'd do without her sometimes.  Just when I think I might have to skip my blog post for the day, because I've just got too much going on and not much to say... she pulls through by bringing back one of my most favorite blog questionnaires.  Thank-you, Draz!!

BYOC is Bring Your Own Crazy.  You visit Draz's blog, copy the questions, answer them on your own blog, and share with the world.  Simple.  Here goes...

1-What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Is it still on today?

Hmm... I actually liked a lot of cartoons.  I liked Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, and Thundercats.  I think my most favorite was Dungeons and Dragons.

I know that Cartoon Network still shows Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, but I haven't seen an episode of Thundercats or D&D in YEARS!

2-Describe your favorite piece of clothing.

Warm.  Comfy.  Fleecy.  Feels like I'm walking around in a blanket wrapped around my legs.  If it's hot outside, I opt for the version that are light, airy, and not as heavy.

I would be describing my PJ's.  All of them.  Which is technically not what the question asked, but Draz answered with the same answer - so it's legal.

3-In the hopes of convincing Summer to arrive – I’m asking this question. Name a summer tradition you currently have or a tradition you want to start for every summer.

Hmmm...another tough one.  I guess a summer tradition I currently have is to go swimming over at my parent's house or P-Momma's house.  Being that I don't have to work during the summer, it gives me time to spend a lot of time with them.  Also, we ALWAYS go to the zoo.  Every year.

What I want to start is having the tradition of having family and friends over to our house during the summer. Cook-outs, pool parties, sleepovers.  Where it feels like we don't always have to go somewhere to have some fun, but people will be able to come to us.  Wouldn't that be nice?

4-For all of the newbie bloggers out there getting to know everyone – let’s answer this one. How long have you been blogging, what is your theme and how did you pick your name? Why did you start blogging? What kind of blogs are your favorite to read and follow?

I started my blog in 2009, but I really became an avid blogger in May, 2010.

My blog started out as a strictly Weight Loss blog.  Then it developed more in to a blog about a busy woman who's trying to lose weight.  Then it moved to less weight loss, more family themed.  Then it became a how to find a teaching job blog.  And now it's a miss mash of family, teaching, life in general, with the occasional sprinkling of weight loss - when I'm feeling like losing weight.

My blog name has been through a few changes, also.  It started as Diary of a Mad Fat Woman and then transitioned in to The Life and Times of Jo, because that really fit me and my theme much better.  Plus, I got really tired of people telling me that I shouldn't label myself as a "fat woman" - even though I really liked the name and thought it suited me perfectly when I first picked it.  However, Diary of a Mad Fat Woman was my strictly weight-loss minded blog name, so once I wanted to move away from that persona, I had to come up with a different blog name that fit the topic a little better.

I started blogging because everyone and their mother had told me that the most successful weight loss tool was a journal.  Of course, I didn't realize at the time that they meant a food journal to record what I was eating.  I might be a whole lot thinner now had I known that back then.  Of course, I might be thinner but I'd be a whole lot more crazy.  My original intent with blogging was to just share what I was doing to lose weight.  Then, once my fingers started doing the talking... it became a release for all things stressful, wonderful, scary, sad, exciting, and challenging.  I realized, quickly, that blogging was my outlet - and that it would always be an important part of my life.

I like all kinds of blogs and follow tons of them - even though I don't have near enough time to read them all every day.  I follow a lot of weight-loss blogs, general life blogs, teaching blogs, etc.  I like humorous blogs - and not a huge fan of blogs that aren't somehow personally connected.  I like to feel like the bloggers I'm following are more like friends rather than information providers.

5-Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life for us:

Blogland has been tough because I've been so cryptic and cautious with information that I'm sharing.  There's a very good reason for it, and I know it's driving some people crazy... but it will all make sense eventually.  Hopefully.  Although, I know many of you have figured out what it is... I'm neither confirming or denying your suspicions - because I don't want to jinx us.  Karma is watching, I know it.   I did get to write a nice post about Butter's birthday, and share about the crazy weather we're having in our neck of the woods.

Real life has been good.  Minus the cold I had this week that seems to be on its way out.  Thank goodness.  I've been extremely busy.  Testing at school is looming in the near future, so I'm busy busy trying to prepare for that.  Hubby and I are in the midst of a life changing decision that's causing all of my crypticness.  All I can say is that it's moving along well, and hopefully it will only be a couple more weeks before I can scream our news from the rooftops.  

This weekend, I'll be gone - again - celebrating birthdays and spending time with my family.  I'm looking forward to it, although I really need to tackle the mountain of laundry in my bathroom before I step one foot out of this house tomorrow.  Maybe.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!