Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thoughtless Thursday


With the recent house hunting situation, I've actually had a pretty easy time coming up with stuff to write about.  But, while decisions are being made and stuff is being worked out, I decided I needed to take a day off from that.

I've had so much running through my head, lately, that I kinda feel like the woman in that picture.  Of course, anyone that knows me know that none of those things that she's dealing with are things I'm thinking about.  Ironing?  HA!  I don't even think we own one.  Cooking dinner?  Not likely.  But, I do have laundry and school work and children to tend to.

So, being that I wanted to just clear out some clutter from my head... I decided to do another Thoughtless Thursday...

I think I'm getting sick.  Or maybe it's just a sore throat.  But, I have a sore throat that hurts to swallow - and  I don't like it.  It's not really affecting my voice, but I can't yell without it being somewhat uncomfortable.  How on earth can I yell at children with a sore throat?    I kid.  Maybe.  Not really.

I had to pull the whole "if you can't get along, you'll spend every waking minute together" routine on two of the kids in my class yesterday.  I don't mind kids not liking each other or not wanting to hang out or play together - but I just won't tolerate constant bickering and arguing and just being plain mean to each other.  And I have two boys that are like that.  So, I did what any good, loving parent would do.  I made them spend all day together - sitting together in the classroom, having lunch together, even sitting together at recess.  I was one, not very liked teacher all day yesterday.  But, I gotta do what I gotta do.  Hopefully, one day they'll understand that.

This whole time change thing has really messed with me.  Much more than it usually does.  I'm having a hard time going to sleep at night, a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, and just feeling exhausted by the end of my work day.  Throw in the not feeling so well situation to that, and it's one zombie like picture of me.  I think I'm going to officially designate this Saturday as a sleep until noon day.  Maybe then I'll feel like I've caught up on some sleep.

I don't know why, but I think adding color to the words on the screen makes them so much more fun to look at and read.  Of course, all of the colors clash... but I'm a little limited on the colors I can use.  I'd love to use something spring like - like pastels - but it would be so hard to read my amazing writing in pastel blue.  HA!

I can not believe that there are only 44 days of school left.  There would only be 41 if we didn't have a couple of snow days to make up.  I haven't officially heard if we are going to lose some of our breaks between now and end of school or if they are going to tack all three on to the end of the school year - but my guess is that we're going to lose a day from each of the breaks that we have scheduled between now and the last day of school.  Which I'm kinda upset about, even though I was one of those people wanting some snow days.  But, in my defense, I didn't want snow days on the same week that we had a four day weekend to begin with.  I'd have been perfectly content with a four day weekend a month between February and May.  Now, that's jeopardized.  So, I guess from now on I'll keep my mouth shut about wishing for snow.

I still haven't tried on my new bathing suit, or even got it out of the package yet.  Mostly because when I roll through the front door between 6 and 6:30 each evening, I have only one destination in mind:  The couch.  And that's where I stay until it's time to drag myself to bed.  Plus, this may sound a little silly, but I don't want to try on a bathing suit and get all excited about how much use I could get out of it if I were to buy a house with a pool.  Better leave it be for now.

I finally made it through the level on Candy Crush that has kept me stuck for over a week.  It happened by accident last night.  For days and days and days, I have attempted that level and not even come close to collecting the amounts of candy I needed to complete the level.  Then last night, bam, swish, cluck - it was done.  Not sure where the cluck came from...but it didn't feel right only using two onomatopoeia.  

And now I have done something I never thought I'd do...use the word onomatopoeia in a blog post.  My life is complete.  Well, almost.  Not really.

I really should go get ready for work now....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!