Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Truthful Tuesday



To be honest... I really don't have that much to be honest about today.  I'm trying to distract myself from blogging about what I really want to blog about... but I have to make myself wait until the time is right.  I don't want to jinx myself.

To be honest... I'm sad that this season of Biggest Loser is over with.  I watched the finale last night, and I'm happy with the winner.  I won't say more than that - because I know that some of you may have recorded it... and I don't want to be your spoiler.  This season really restored my faith in the show after the disaster that was last season.  I just hope that the Biggest Loser peeps stay on track with the dynamic that was expressed this season and stay away from drama.  Leave that to the trashy reality shows that are on every other 5 minutes.

To be honest... I finally remembered what I'm going to be doing weekend after next.  It's Easter weekend, so we'll be going to my parent's house for Easter dinner and egg hunts.  Duh.  Can't believe I didn't remember that.

To be honest... It's Butter's birthday tomorrow, but the poor dude will have to wait a little while before we can have much of a celebration.  While we will be having a small party for him and my mom on Sunday, we'll be able to do a little more for him in a few weeks for now.  With what's going on, he doesn't seem to mind.

To be honest... I think if we only get two days of nice weather before winter comes blasting back in full force, I should not yet have to deal with spring allergies.  My nose has turned in to a dripping faucet...and the congestion is making me cranky and uncomfortable.  I really don't mind so much when the weather is at least warm.  But, when it's freezing cold outside, my nose is running non-stop, and my head is pounding - all I want to do is curl up in bed and not come out until I feel better.  Like mid-May.

To be honest... I don't get the fascination that some people have with their technical gadgets.  Last night, Hubby helped his brother put together what I can only describe as a 'Super Computer'.  The thing was about the size of my kitchen table, could fit my laptop and Hubby's computer inside of the thing, and had so many parts and fans and places to store memory that I could only imagine my brother-in-law as putting together a network to take over the world.  I mean, seriously, who needs that kind of power in a computer?  Unless you're starting up your own business or more like Fortune 500 company.  My only hope is that the drool that was being drizzled out of Hubby's mouth doesn't give him any crazy ideas.  I can only imagine what that thing cost when my brother-in-law said it cost more than his car.  Don't even think about it, Hubby!  Unless of course you plan on winning the lottery some point soon.  Then, by all means, buy a ginormous computer.

To be honest... Speaking of huge computers, I remember not so long ago when the fascination with technology was to make it smaller.  Huge desktop computers and monitors were replaced with slim-line versions.  Cell phones that started out looking more like a brick (think of Zach from Saved by the Bell), turned in to teeny, tiny contraptions the size of a candy bar that when placed on the ear barely came to your cheek bone.  TVs that weighed a ton and required an entertainment center half the size of a room moved toward TVs that were as thick as a book.  Even monster sized cars and trucks started to move more towards Matchbox toys.  But, it seems as though smaller wasn't better...because now we're switching back to bigger.  Cell phones are getting bigger again, and I'm convinced we'll eventually be placing iPads straight up to our ears.  Apparently, computers the size of kitchen tables are becoming a thing again, and car companies are now figuring out a way to place eco-friendly in to bigger vehicles and SUVs.  And even though TVs aren't getting any thicker, they sure are getting bigger.  If you don't have at least a 42" screen in your living room, you are far behind the times.  Craziness, huh?

To be honest... I apparently had more to say than I thought I did.  But, now I'm done.  For now.  I must think of subjects to occupy myself over the next few weeks until I will hopefully be ready to share my news.  And to be really honest, that will probably be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!