Sunday, March 17, 2013

Keeping Myself Busy

I didn't post yesterday.  Not because I didn't want to... but because my day was so jam packed, I just didn't have time.  And that's weird for me to say, because I always make time to write my blog.

I had a bazillion phone calls to make, I made plans to go see P-Momma, had to make a trip to my in-laws, and then my mom decided that she wanted Butter and Jelly to go and spend the night with her - so I had to fit meeting her to drop them off in to the mix.

By the end of the day, I got all of my phone calls made, wasn't able to see my in-laws because they weren't home, had a wonderful visit with P-Momma, went and did a little shopping and dinner with Peanut, and made it back home by 8pm and watched Breaking Dawn Part II with Hubby and Peanut.

All in all, a pretty good day.

Got some exciting news to share with the world... but can't do it just yet.  I have to make some notifications, follow through on the bazillion phone calls, and get all of my ducks in a row before I start making official announcements.  I'm pretty sure those of you that have been reading the past couple of weeks may have a pretty good idea what the good news is.  But, you'll have to wait a little longer before I can officiate your suspicions.

My next few weekends are going to be as busy, if not more busy than this weekend.  Wednesday is Butter's birthday.  Next Sunday is my mom's birthday.  So, that means we'll combine the two and have a little shindig at my parent's house next weekend.  It will be a bingo day for Mom and I next Saturday- which is our birthday tradition.  Then on Sunday, we'll have a mini birthday cook-out for Mom and Butter.

The next weekend I have a 4 day weekend.  I know I have something going on that weekend, but of course I can't think of it right now.  That's how my head is working right now.... I had totally forgotten in was Butter's birthday on Wednesday until P-Momma reminded me.  Don't judge.  I'm a good mother... not my fault if current events skewed my thought process of upcoming special days.  That's what my calendar alerts are for, after all.  Kidding.  Kinda.

Today I'm going to dinner at my parent's.  Mom invited us.  I have to admit, I'm really liking the time we've been spending together lately. It seemed like there was a patch of several months where we hardly spoke or saw each other... but I've been making lots of time on the weekends to get over there and spend some time with them.  They've been spending a lot of time having the kids, too... so that's always a bonus.  And when I get a free meal out of it?  Super extra bonus!

Which because I am going to their house today, I should probably get off of here and do something productive... like put away my laundry, wash more laundry, clean something.  Or not.

Decisions, decisions.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!