Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday's Letters


With my brain a jumbled up mess full of anxiety and nerves and excitement and worry and happiness, I figured it better to write another "whatever pops in my head post".  Enjoy.

Dear Karma... If there was ever a time I needed to cash in all of my bonus points with you, now would be that time.  I'm not in the business to pray just to get stuff I want, nor would I even joke about making deals with the devil.  But, you my friend?  You are the one I can come to at a time like this and ask for help.  I know over the years that I've made a few karmatic stumbles... but I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping my tally on the plus side.  If there's a few extra good juju points to give... please let me have them now.

Dear Obstacles... You know who you are.  I'll openly admit that I'm not the best obstacle jumper in the world - but you can bet your last dollar that I'm going to do everything in my power to swiftly and gracefully jump over each one of you in the next few weeks.  Just promise that there'll be no cheating and trying to trip me as I go.  That just wouldn't be a very nice thing to do.

Dear Sore Throat... OK, you can leave now.  Either take away my voice or move along.  Don't sit in idle giving me false hopes that you're starting to ease off and then make yourself known when I have a fit of sneezes or yawns.  Who ever heard of only having a sore throat when you sneeze or yawn?  That's just silly. You can go find someone else to torture, now.

Dear Seasonal Allergies.... Couldn't you at least wait until the first day of spring actually gets here before you start knocking at my door?  We have two days of nice weather and my nose lights up like Rudolph's.  I guess if it's just going to be a runny nose, I can live with it.  But, I don't want any funny business happening with swollen eyes.  OK?

Dear Daffodils.... Thank you for popping up all over the place and putting a smile on my face.  I just don't know what it is about you that I love so much.  Maybe it's your sunny color.  Maybe it's your funky looking flower head.  I don't know, but I know that just the sight of a bunch of daffodils sends warm and tinglies to my heart.  There's a very good reason you are my favorite flower... because no other flower has that affect on me.

Dear Warmer Weather.... How nice of you to finally join us!  You are staying for a while, right?  This isn't one of those situations where you pop in for a short visit and then go away again, is it?  I just don't think I could stand it if you teased me with your warm embrace just to run out on me again.  And yes, I know I'm the person that loves winter.  I know I'm the person that usually expresses my love and desire for snow and cold.  But, I figure if I'm ever going to cheat on anyone - it will be the seasons.  Let's you and I have a fling!  We can have some fun while you're warm and enjoyable and fun.  Then, once you start getting too hot for me to handle - it will be time to call our relationship quits.  But, then again, there may be a pool helping me out this year...so our relationship has the potential of turning in to more than just a fling.  No promises, though.

Dear New Bathing Suit... I finally got to take a good look at you last night, and I really liked what I saw.  You're cute, colorful, and fun looking.  I'm a little nervous about actually trying you on, though, because you are beautiful right now - probably won't be so much when you're covering what I've got to cover.  But, if Karma and Obstacles work with me - I'll try hard to get to working on improving that situation.

Dear Awesome Students... Thank you so much for being much better behaved this week.  Apparently it does pay off to yell and whine and act like a 5 year old to get what you want.  Me doing those things, that is.  I yelled and whined - you listened.  And I appreciate that.  I just can't wrap my head around the fact that in 43 short days, our time together will be over.  No.  I can't talk about it.  Can't even think about it.  Already feel the tears.  We'll just leave it at that...and move forward through these next few weeks happy.

And, that's it for me for one day.... I'm so glad it's Friday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!