Monday, March 04, 2013

Monday Morning Mash Up

I realized this morning that it's been three weeks since I've worked a full week at work.  The first week of February was the last time.

The second week of February, I had a scheduled 4 day weekend.  The third week I had an unscheduled 4 day weekend, thanks to snow.  And then last week I had two days off in the middle of the week - one day for snow and the other to take care of Hubby.

Who wants to take bets that by the end of this week, I'm absolutely exhausted?

Especially since Peanut is starting track, which means I'm at work until 6pm every night waiting for her to get finished at practice.

Speaking of Peanut.  Guess what I found out yesterday?  My Peanut has a voice!  A singing voice!  She can sing!  She went for a ride with me last night to my parents' house, and on the way back home she sang for me.  She was extremely nervous, which gave her a few pitch problems... but she has the most beautiful sound to her voice.  And, yes I'm biased because I'm her mother - but I also happen to have quite the ear when it comes to singing.  I am NOT one of those mothers that would pretend to hear her child singing like an angel, when in reality the child sounds more like a drowning cat.

I'm trying to talk her in to doing the talent show.  Of course she's terribly embarrassed and doesn't think she'd be able to stand up in front of the whole school to sing - but I'm going to work on her.  There's no reason she should be embarrassed about such a thing.  It takes me back to me when I was in 7th grade.  Just starting out discovering that I had a little musical talent, but when I stood up to sing?  I shook the whole time and my rendition of "The Rose" by Bette Midler sounded more like fingers down a chalk board.  I won't let Peanut do it if I think that could happen to her... but I think if she really practices, she could totally knock it out of the ball park.

I don't think Peanut is going to be the only one that spawns some singing talent.  Jelly has been listening to music quite a bit here lately and belting out some tunes.  For a five year old, she knows how to belt.  Just ask her to give you a chorus of the Biebster's "Baby, Baby".  I swear you can't tell which one is actually singing - her or the Biebs.  HA!

So, this week I'll be in my classroom for a couple of hours each afternoon after school.  I have so much that needs to be done.  Filing out the ying-yang, lesson plans to print and put in my binder, update all of my first year teaching paperwork, and clean the clutter that is supposed to be my desk.  I just don't know if I'll ever get the hang of staying caught up on anything.  I've got my time management down to a fine art during the day with staying on track and getting in everything I need to get in during one day - but all of the "after" work?  Yeah.  No.  Just not happening.

And let's not also forget that I'm now sponsoring the school newspaper.  Another Jr. High project that I volunteered to do.  I'm a little worried that it's taking off too late in the year, but we should at least be able to push out a couple of copies before the year's end.  That is if I can get the newspaper crew to show up on the mornings that they're supposed to show up.  Not entirely their fault, because it has been a little scattered with the amount of time we've had off lately.

The house hunt continues.  Just not a whole lot on the market, right now, that has everything Hubby and I are looking for.  If we wanted a nice, small house in a sub-division, we'd have hundreds to chose from... but we're not.  We want country living.  Big house.  Small price tag.  It amazes me how cheap some of the new homes are, right now, in town... but take the search outside of city limits?  The prices double and triple - for much older, run down homes.  So, we are going to take a trip to visit a construction company and find out some prices on building.  If newly built homes are so cheap, then maybe we can find someone to build us a house where we want it for pretty cheap.  It's a long shot - but worth looking in to.

Alright, it's about that time for me to go and get ready for my full, busy day.

Toodles!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!