Monday, March 18, 2013

I Thought We Had Worked This Out, Mother Nature



Just when I was really starting to enjoy wearing a light jacket, even ditching the jacket all together and enjoying the beautiful sunshine...Mother Nature has another little tantrum.

Friday afternoon, I was outside enjoying almost 80 degrees of heavenly sunshine.  Saturday, I did the same trading in my pants for a pair of capris and flip-flops...and then yesterday?  I had to put my winter coat back on the battle the rain and freezing cold that was dumped down on us.

This week, the temps are going to barely make it in to the 50s...and there's even a slight chance for snow or a wintry mix by the end of the week.  Really?  I'm sorry, but once I dust off my capris and flip flops - I should not have to hear the words "wintry mix" until the following December.

And of course there's going to be lots of rain.  At the moment, I hate rain.  No.  Loathe rain.  That's what happens when every window on the back side of the house leaks during rain or the back wall in my living room looks like we've installed a fancy indoor water feature.  We haven't.  It's just rain running down the wall.  UGH!

I so can't wait for that time when I can start loving the rain again.  When I can sit on a comfy couch with a good book and absorb the sounds of the rain outside - and not absorb the actual rain with towels and pans.

In all my life, I've never hated rain.  I've never been a fan of days and days and days of rain... but a good thunderstorm and rain shower here and there were fine.  But, since having to deal with our leaking problem - rain and I have become mortal enemies.  I don't like being mortal enemies with anyone or anything....so the sooner I can say sayonara to this house, the better.

All this mess has made me realize that when we have an inspection on the house we're going to buy... they better triple check every window, shingle on the roof, water pipe, and anything else that could lead to water leakage.  If there's even so much as a soft spot on the roof that could possibly lead to any form of leak, I will run for the hills.

Moving away from my morning rant.... Hubby and I have been really happy this weekend.  Not that we're normally not happy, but there's been some tension in the air for the past few weeks.  This weekend, he was back to his old self.  We laughed.  He cooked.  I didn't feel uneasy or uncomfortable at all.  Just like we used to be.  It appears we're going to be A-OK.  It's totally normal to have a few bumps in the road, I suppose... we've just gone 8 years since we hit our first one.  That's a pretty good record, if you think about it.  If every 8 years we have a few differences... I can live with that.  It's just nice to know that we can make it through - unscathed.  And with learning the lesson about how important it is to actually talk to each other and not avoid hitting subjects we just don't want to talk about.  No good ever comes from just trying to avoid situations.  Especially when those situations are dumping gallons of water in to your living room during every rain storm.

I've got a lot of work to get through this week.  My goal is to get all of my plans written for next week before the weekend - just like I did last week.  It was so nice to enjoy my entire weekend without having to work.  If Peanut is going to keep me at the school until 5:30 every night so that she can be in Track, I really have to start making the most of the time and using it to my advantage.

There's only 46 school days left this school year.  Actually, only 42 because we get 4 days off between now and the end of school.  Only 9 weeks and one day of actual days.  That's not a lot of time.  Which means the next few weeks will be crazy busy.  But, I'm ready for it.

Which I should probably start getting ready for it right now...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!