Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Get to Review a Bathing Suit? Awesome!!



Several weeks ago, I was sent an email from a representative from NAYAD Sportswear asking me if I'd be interested in having a custom made bathing suit to review for the blog.

At first, I thought "Urm...no...I hate bathing suits"  then I thought "well, maybe it wouldn't be too bad" and then finally I was all like "It's a bathing suit I can wear to work-out, do yoga, and swim? OK!"

Being that my blog isn't just about weight loss anymore, it's kinda weird to be asked to do a review for something associated with working out.  I mean, lately, it would have been more appropriate to be asked to review new dry erase markers for my classroom or a new website designed to find a house.

But, I figured that with spring ushering her way back in -it's a great opportunity to get ahead of the game and put my mind on working out once the weather starts to warm up.  So, I agreed to do the review - on the condition that I wouldn't be forced to say nice things about it if it wasn't something I really liked.

I emailed back and forth with the rep for a little while, perused the website, and got to pick out the bathing suit I wanted.  The colors, the fit, everything.  They have such a large selection to choose from, I was a little giddy with narrowing my choices down.

I wasn't so thrilled, in the beginning, to find out that I would be looking at trying out a two-piece.  The last time I wore a two piece bathing suit was before the carrying of children in my stomach that turned my midsection in to a road map of stretch marks,  But, it was no trouble finding a two piece that would give me complete coverage.  Believe me, no one wants to see me parade around with my tummy hanging out.  I can just imagine what nasty website I'd end up on.

It seems weird to me that the day after I look at a house I fell in love with - that happens to have an inground pool - I receive my Nayad Suit.  Maybe Karma at work?  Telling me that I'll be able to get good use of that suit in my new home?  Man, wouldn't that be awesome?

To be honest, I haven't even gotten the suit out of the package yet.  I had so much going on last night with running numbers and talking to Hubby and emailing my banker and realtor that the last thing I was thinking about was looking at my new suit.

In fact, it will probably be this weekend before I get it out and try it on.  Well, I probably won't be able to wait that long... I will at least try it on just to make sure it fits before then.

I will say, right off the bat, I don't see me using the suit to work-out in public.  It's a little too bathing suit-ish for me to actually wear it out where other people will see me.  But, if for once, everything works out and we get our house and I have all that open space and privacy and a pool...it will definitely get some use over the next few months.

Fingers crossed!!

And more Nayad news to come.

In the meantime, go check out their website.  It's a pretty cool concept.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!