Sunday, July 07, 2013

Fireworks And Power Outages


It was the third and final night of watching fireworks last night.  I'm quite sure that three firework shows in one week is enough to satisfy the highest of pyromaniacs for one 4th of July.  And if not?  Well, then too bad... cause I've seen quite enough to last me until next year.

I loaded the kids up a little after 5pm yesterday afternoon to head out for dinner and then on to the show.  We got to the show location close to 7pm and spent some time mingling among the people.  I've said it once, and I'll say it again - I absolutely LOVE going to public events in the town where I teach... cause the kids get such a kick from seeing their teacher out of the classroom.  

I got some cute photos of the kids before the show started this time...

Jelly and my nephew...

Me with Jelly and my nephew...

My nephew waiting patiently..

Jelly waiting patiently, and Peanut's boyfriend not really sure what to think...

Jelly and me...with her showing her "swag"...

It was a great night.  The fireworks were great, the traffic wasn't too bad getting out, and we were home by 10:30.

All in all, a great family evening out.

It didn't take me long to call it a night and head to bed.  

When I woke up this morning, I knew something was wrong.  I can just sense when there's a power outage, and I knew the minute I opened my eyes.  My spidey sense told well as my digital clock not being on.

That was about 7am.  I got up and found Hubby sitting out on the patio, and he informed me that the power had been off about half an hour.  So, I did what any normal person would do in that situation.  I took my happy behind right back to bed.

I woke up again around 9AM.  Still no power.

I had to get up for good this time, because I just couldn't go back to sleep.  I spoke to Hubby who informed me that he'd called in the outage several times... but still nothing.  

That's when panic mode set in.  What on earth was I going to do about my coffee??  

Hubby knew the danger that was lurking as well, because he quickly offered to drive to the store to buy us both large cups of coffee.  

Even though I was in a perfectly good mood when I got up, he and I both knew it wasn't really worth the danger of playing with fire and allowing me to go one morning without my morning cup of coffee.  We've been together long enough to know not to do silly things like that.

The power finally came on again about 2 minutes before I started writing this blog.  So, about 10:30.  That's 4 hours we went without power... but I'm glad it was the morning and not the hottest part of the day.  

I don't really get that cranky from a power outage... not like Hubby.  It drives him nutso.  Simply because no power means no internet.  Taking away his morning internet is like taking away my morning coffee - just not something that should happen.  I, on the other hand, will just wait until the power comes back on to do my internet work... my blog.

So I ended last night with a bang, and started this morning with a bang.  

Now I wonder what's in store for the rest of the day?  

I have to take my nephew home... so we'll see how smooth sailing that will be.  

Then, I'm coming home and enjoying a quiet, relaxing evening on the couch with Hubby.  It's been long overdue and that's the only other plans I'm making for today.

Have a relaxing and enjoyable Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!