Wednesday, July 03, 2013

T-Minus Twenty Four Hours...Maybe a Little More...

Well, in a little over twenty four hours my house will resemble a public swimming pool.  There will be a total of 14 people crowded in and around my pool to enjoy the 4th of July festivities.  Four adults and ten kids.  Fun, right?

It's a little overwhelming knowing that there will be a 4 year old, two 5 year olds, and 11 year old, two 12 year olds, a 13 year old, a 16 year old, and two 17 year olds being supervised by only Hubby, my parents and myself.  That's quite the handful.

Can you say Pool Party?

That's exactly what it's supposed to be, though.  A pool party with food, swimming, and late night fireworks.  Although, I'm pretty sure my sanity will be popping as loud as those firecrackers.

Today, I have so much to do.  I need to go grocery shopping for my portion of the food and drink.  I have to wash all of the bathing suits and towels.  I need to wash bedding.  I need to clean my house from top to bottom.  I need to finish up the yard work I started yesterday.  And I need to do all of it before this evening when I'll be taking the kids to watch a firework show in another town.

I wouldn't normally wait until the last minute to do all of that.  Especially since I've known about this day for several weeks now.  But, every day this week I've been choked full with activities and running all over place.  I've hardly seen my house since Saturday.

Monday I was gone fishing ALL day long.  Yesterday I was gone all day going to pick up Jelly from P-Momma's house, driving up to Missouri to enroll her in dance classes (only to get there and find out that they are closed this week), driving back to Arkansas to pick up Butter who stayed behind at P-Momma's while I went to Missouri, grabbing dinner, and then driving all the way to Oklahoma to pick up Peanut and drop off my brother.  I didn't pull in the garage until midnight last night.  I was EXHAUSTED!

It was a three state kinda day, that's for sure.  

That doesn't even account for the 2 hours I spent doing yard work before I even left the house.  

But, I'm excited about all the fun activities I've been getting to do with my family, and I'll even admit that I'm excited about having all of my family over tomorrow...even if there is 9 of them coming.  But, I come from a big family - I'm used to it.

As much as I'd love to sit here and chat about stuff that's going on with me, I really must get off here and head to the store.  I have to get there early and hope there's still enough stuff left for me to prepare for the celebration tomorrow.  

Wish me luck.

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!