Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy Independence Day!!


Well, I'm down to the wire now.  In just a couple of short hours, the cars will be pulling in the driveway and unloading the swarms of people that will spend the day no doubt messing up all of the hard work I've put in to cleaning.

I'm just about ready.  Got one last trip to Wal-Mart to make, and finish up putting away the towels and a few small things here and there... but I'm not worrying too much.  With the amount of people that will be scattered all over my house tonight, I hardly doubt anyone will notice if anything isn't glistening from being scrubbed clean.  

Last night, we had our own little 4th celebration.  Hubby, Peanut, Jelly, and I took a drive to Missouri to watch a firework show.  We took along our camping chairs, found a great place to sit, and then sat for a couple of hours talking to some of my kiddos from school that were there and some of the people I work with.  One of Peanut's friends were there, and so she hung out with us the entire time.  

It was so nice sitting there or walking around and hearing my name be called or having kids run up to me for a hug.  I always savor moments like that, and it's one of my highlights from being a teacher.  Kids absolutely LOVE it when they get to see their teachers outside of the school building.  

Jelly had an absolute blast, because even she found a little friend from summer school to play with.  They ran around and laughed the whole time.  

The photo up top is one of the first fireworks that were set off, and here's a couple more photos from our fun night...

Taking a quick break from playing to get a quick drink...


A Community Picnic just isn't right without some cotton candy...


So excited to have a friend to enjoy her evening with...


And yes...they are all pictures of Jelly.  I did take some photos of Peanut and myself, but all after it got dark...and they are almost impossible to see.

I'm going to try and remember to take plenty of pictures of the fun from today... before it gets dark.  I have a flash on my phone, but I hate the way it takes pictures.  

OK, I must start getting around...the rest of the stuff that needs to be done isn't going to do itself.

Have a wonderful Independence Day!!

Jo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!