Sunday, September 19, 2010

Can I Please Have About 14 More Hours Each Day?

Twenty four hours just isn't enough.  There's so much to do, so little time.  Maybe six hours of sleep each night is too much - there's a few hours I could save.  Yeah, that's not going to happen. 

I know I'm not the only one that wakes up every day saying one of those sentences.  I know that just about every intern says that every day, and I'm sure many of you do too.  I hate days like today - when I have so much work to get done, places to go, things to do, but I know there's no way I'm going to get everything done that I want to - and that frustrates me.  It's my own fault.  I waste time - A LOT.  Take yesterday, for example.  I had all day with nothing to do except work on my homework.  I did a bit, but then got wrapped up in playing Frisbee Golf on Hubby's new PlayStation 3 Move (I'll get to that later), and then before I knew it I had to get ready to go out for the evening.  I get up this morning, look at the clock and think - how the heck am I going to have everything done today.  Do I go straight to my work and pound away at it?  No, I'm here telling you about how much time I don't have to get my stuff done today.  A vicious, vicious cycle.  Oh well, it always ends up getting done each week - why will this week be any different?

So, last night I got to go out and celebrate Sanity's birthday.  It was a FANTABULOUS night.  We started out eating dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant.  Some of her close friends and family were there - and the food and company were wonderful.  After dinner, it was off to our favorite spots for a few drinks, a few laughs, and ending with my favorite thing - some random dancing and karaoke.  There's a little bar that I've grown to love going to.  That's a very weird statement for me to make, because up until a few months ago - I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been out to a bar since turning 21.  Now, Sanity and I can walk into this certain club and people recognize me.  Not sure that's a good thing - but the place is always filled with familiar faces, and we always have such a great time together.  Something happened last night, that I'm embarrassed to admit to - but it was such a big deal to me, I just have to share. 

The reason I was never one to go out to clubs and bars with friends was because I always felt like the elephant in the room.  Not the odd one out, literally the big, fat elephant.  All of my friends are beautiful and thin.  They would get hit on, and I would sit there feeling awkward and wishing that one day maybe I would be thin enough to get hit on.  I know that sounds terrible - I'm engaged, I shouldn't worry about getting hit on - but it's a self confidence thing.  So, last night, we're at the bar and a guy started talking to me.  He complimented my singing, introduced himself, and then I was back at my table with Sanity.  The next thing I know, he's behind me and hands me his number.  I can't tell you how excited I was.  I hugged the guy, explained the I was engaged, but thanked him for totally making my night.  He was embarrassed, and immediately apologized.  I told him that he had nothing to apologize for, and then explained my journey and how it's always been a little wish to have a guy hit on me at a bar...he had made my little wish come true.  He congratulated me on the weight loss, told me I looked beautiful, and then went and rejoined his friends.  For the rest of the night, I didn't feel my feet touch the ground - and no, I wasn't drunk - I was floating.  A random guy had just told me I was beautiful.  Best night, EVER!

Now that I've got to share that embarrassing pleasure, I've got something else to share.  Yesterday, Hubby went out and bought the new PlayStation 3 Move.  It's very much like the Wii game, but 1000 times better.  This thing uses whole body calibration to play the games.  There's no barely flicking your wrist to get things done - you have to put your whole body into it, or you lose.  All I can say is MOVE OVER WII FIT - there's a much more fun game in town.  Just playing half an hour on "Gladiator" will probably be the equivalent of a 30 minute cardio work-out - if not more.  It's a warrior type fighting game that requires using a sword and a shield, and then doing the motions required to slay your opponent.  You'll be amazed at how much your body moves during a good sword match!  Yesterday, I played Frisbee Golf with Hubby and Prairie Dawn - and we had a great time.  You really have to position your body and flick your wrist just right to throw the Frisbee.. not much of a work-out, but still a lot of fun.  Could it be that I have found another exercise alternative to add to my list?  Most definitely!  No virtual trainers, no board to balance on, just a lot of moving, a lot of sweat, and a heck of a lot of fun. 

OK, enough for today.  I really MUST get my work done. 

Till next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. That's my secret fantasy too. :-) I would be out of my mind happy if it happened!! Hopefully I get there one day.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!