Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Time for Some Team Support

A new week is upon us, a short one at that.  I really enjoyed a very busy three day weekend.  I'm going to stop planning on "resting" on the weekends, because every time I do - something happens and I'm running around like a headless chicken all weekend.  So, I didn't get to relax much.  I'm not going to complain.  I had a great time going to the fair, organizing and cleaning, spending time with my family, and spending a few hours doing some homework.  Now it's time to get back to the grind - the place I love to be.

Got a little change occurring this week.  I was going to share this on Saturday, but being that my post was consumed with the fair I decided to put it off until today.  After work on Friday, I spoke to one of the teacher's that was walking down the hallway in work-out clothes.  I asked her if she was going running, and she said "no, we're going to work out in the gym" (the school gym).  This peaked my interest, and she obviously saw it.  She told me that her and another teacher got together twice a week to work out in the gym to do some cardio circuits and that I was welcome to join them any time.  JACKPOT!!  They work out on Mondays and Fridays, so this will be PERFECT to at least get a little working out in each week.  I decided last night that if I do the cardio circuits on Mondays and Fridays, and make myself go for a run on Wednesdays, that I will be getting in 3 good work-outs during the week.  I'm a lot more confident that this is going to work rather than just saying "I'm going to try and go for a run today".  I need the routine, I need the schedule, and knowing that I have other people expecting me to be there makes me that much more accountable.

Obviously, I won't be starting the work-outs until this Friday, but I can still go for my run after work tomorrow and then join them on Friday.  I feel like I got a good deal of exercise in this past weekend, even though I wasn't "working-out".  There was something about seeing that number on the scale on Saturday that has really helped refuel my fire.  I never really lost my spark, and I'm committed to continuing my healthy lifestyle - but now that I'm so close to a number that has been out of my reach for so many years....I just have to make myself work that much harder.  Being less than 200lbs, for me, is like winning the lottery.  I've been trying for so long, sometimes getting close - but never actually succeeding.  This time, things are different.  For close to eight months I've eaten right, I've exercised, I've lost 57lbs!!!  I am officially over the halfway mark and have only 56lbs to go before reaching my target weight of 150lbs.  I'm OK with the fact that it's taken me 8 months to get this far, but I started my journey with a goal of losing 100lbs in a year.  I don't realistically think that I'm going to lose 56lbs in the next 4 months, but I want to know that I worked as hard as I can and got as close as I could.  Let's not forget I have Thanksgiving and Christmas to attend to during that time - both will be the biggest challenges for me - but I have the strength and willpower now to know that I will succeed.

So, it's taken me a few weeks to get my bearings with my new schedule.  That's over with now - I'm used to it, now it's time to get my work-outs in.  I really think having a little team support is really going to help.  It's the closest thing I'm going to get to boot camp for a while - and oh, how I miss boot camp.  I need people supporting me, encouraging me, working-out with me....and it seems I may have had my prayers answered.

A quick side note before I go.  Yesterday, I bought 2 pairs of size 16 jeans!!  I have been able to fit into size 16 pants for a while - but have struggled with jeans.  My size 18s have been a little loose, but the 16s were still a little tight.  Well, I tried on two pairs of size 16 jeans yesterday - and they fit perfectly!!  This next weekend, I'm going to take a few progress pics.  It has been WAY too long since I updated them, so it's time for you all to have another look at how I'm doing.

Till next time.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you found people to work out with after school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Grats on dropping a jean size! (Incredibly jealous, desperate to get some sexy jeans going on >_<)

    And I totally hear you when it comes to the benefits of increased accountability by having work out buddies - I've literally tried to force almost everyone I know to join my gym in attempt to improve on people I can rely on to go with me, to the point I added one friend to my own membership! Luckily I recently signed a friend up who insists she will go 3 times a week and we kind of rely equally on each other to keep motivated while there so all seems to be working out well so far - Good luck rocking those circuits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Keep it up..and thanks for the support! Enjoy those new jeans bc before u know it, youll be shopping for 14s

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!