Friday, November 25, 2011

Goodbye Thanksgiving...Hello CHRISTMAS!!

Thanksgiving is over.

I'm happy to report that I did not wobble from the gobble as much as I thought I would.  Don't get me wrong - I ate...a lot... but I didn't I gorge myself to the point of not being able to move, or enough to require any unzipping of my pants.  In my books - that's a win.

The family all came...they were all happy with the spread.  The ham ended up being a little cold - but that was the only snafu of the day....thank goodness it was a pre-cooked ham. 

After munching down, everyone sat around talking - and then we watched Ricky Gervais Out of England Stand-Up.  It's always good to laugh until you cry after a good, hearty meal. 

My family all left around 6pm....and then it was on the part of the day I'd been waiting for.  I know that sounds terrible - I should have been excited and waiting for my family to arrive, or about spending time with them, or at least the food... but none of that was what I was waiting for all day.  Nope.  I was waiting for one thing and one thing only.  This...




Yep.  I waited all day long to be able to put up the Christmas tree.  Is that bad for me to say?  Probably.  Do I care?  Nope! 

Thanksgiving, to me, is my countdown to Christmas celebration.  And, before you start getting all ticked off at me for not understanding the true meaning of Thanksgiving....I say...do you really believe that the pilgrims and the Indians sat down for a friendly "thankful feast"?  It sounds good in the story books - but the history books have a little different account.  Also, I'm from England.  I celebrate Thanksgiving because I live in America - now - but I wasn't raised with the holiday...so I adapted.  

I still give thanks on Thanksgiving....but I also remember that it's exactly a month before my most favorite holiday of them all...and like to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season.  Is that so bad?

I'm not Anti-American... I'm pro Christmas.  I will point out that I do celebrate every American holiday...with pride.  And, while I'm being completely honest - I don't think my Thanksgiving is a whole heck of a lot different from many people I know.  So, I'm not really sure what I'm bantering on about here.  A little defensive today - aren't I?  Not sure what brought it on... sorry about that.  I know that you guys would never think I was anti-American.  I love this country.  OK, moving on...

I am very happy to report that I did NOT even THINK of going out last night or this morning for Black Friday.  To those of you that did - are you still alive?  I mean, holy codswallop....the insanity that goes through people's heads just to save a couple of bucks.  

Hubby had to go out last night....and get close to a Wal-Mart.  He drove his sister to work...who happens to work at Wal-Mart...God love her.  He left my house at 8, and should have been home before 9.  At 10, he calls to tell me of the utter chaos and pandemonium that is breaking out at the Wal-Mart.  Cars parked in every spot available - and spots not available.  Every business in a 1 mile radius had their parking lots packed from Wal-Mart shoppers.  It was total craziness.  He didn't get home until almost 11!!  

I slept in this morning.  Until 9.  I casually got out of bed, walked to my coffee pot, poured a cup, then made my way to the computer.  I then decided to check out a couple of online Black Friday events...one of which being Wal-Mart.  And you know what?  I got the three things that I had wanted to get - but would have never had braved the chaos to try and get.  Yep, right here, from the comfort of home, at 9am...I managed to snag the bargains that everyone was killing themselves to get last night.  I didn't even know that Wal-Mart offered all the in-store bargains online....apparently, not many people realized it - cause surely they wouldn't have gone out if they had.  Right?

I am now happy to report that my Christmas shopping is just about done.  I have a few family members to buy for - but the kids are just about done.  With more than I expected to get them.  Which happens every year.  They know it - I know it....that's why I think when I tell them that this Christmas is going to be much smaller than the last couple of years I get the "aha, OK Mom, don't worry about it" spill from them.  They know better.

OK, so on the agenda today?  Nothing.  Well, maybe getting my house back to normal from yesterday....got to get some laundry done... but other than that?  Jelly and I are going to sit back and watch a few Christmas movies.  Peanut went home with my mom last night, and Butter is at the neighbors house helping them with some yard work.  I'm going to enjoy my extra day off by not doing a whole lot of anything.  That's how it should be.

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  Now, enjoy your Black Friday.  If you are/were crazy, out of your mind, brave enough to go out for a few deals today.... be careful!!  And I hope you get everything you went out for. 


Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!