Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Shopped Till I Dropped!!


Well, yesterday was the big day.  The day that I've been waiting weeks for.  The day to get out and burn a few holes in my pockets - and find some good Christmas bargains.

The day started off early.  I was showered, dressed, and out of my house before 9am.  However, after going to my mom's and then driving for what seemed like FOREVER, we finally reached our first destination around noonish. 

The first store - which was supposed to be a factory outlet place - ended up being a complete wash.  It, indeed, was a factory outlet....but full of broken, out of date, beat up items and I really didn't find anything that caught my interest.  So, the two hour drive was for nothing...at that point.

I decided - being that I had driven so far....it was only fair to drive around some more and find another place that may have more to offer.  So, another twenty minute drive - and we came to a much better outlet mall.  This place has a bunch of stores, all separated into categories:  Sporting goods, furniture, gifts, tools, apparel, and antiques.  I was only interested in two of the five:  Gifts and Apparel.

Even though I didn't buy very much - I still found a couple of great deals.  It was enough to make me feel like the two hour original drive hadn't been a complete waste of my shopping time. 

After a very long day, I ended up doing most of my shopping in the town closest to where I live.  It's what I figured would end up happening - but I wanted to go check the places out....just to say that I did.  It was still a fun day.

I didn't end up getting home last night until after 10pm!!

That, my friends, is one long day of shopping.

You would figure from being out for 13 hours, I would have finished my Christmas shopping, right?  Yeah, well that's a big fat negatory.  I have not finished - in fact, I still have a ways to go.

I did buy what I needed to.  And I stayed under budget.  That's freaking amazing.  I don't think I have ever been able to utter those words.  Under budget.  Sounds weird now, typing it.

This year is a tough year to buy gifts....for Peanut, anyway.  She's at that age where she no longer has any care about toys.  She's all about clothes - but owns her own clothing store, basically.  Add shoe store to that, also.  She tells me that she basically has everything she wants - and now I'm stuck with having absolutely no idea what to get her.  It's a tough age to buy for, that's for sure.  There's only one thing I could get for this child that would make her Christmas....anyone happen to know how I can get the Biebs to make a guest appearance at my house Christmas morning?  No?  Didn't think so.

Oh well - the fun is in the hunt, I guess.

So, that was my Christmas shopping extravaganza wrap up.  It was a great day - and I really enjoyed myself.  Now, though, I'm in shopping mode...and probably will be until the day before Christmas. 

Today, in fact, I'm going out again. I mentioned I came in under budget, right?  So that means I still have a few dollars to spend.  I know, I'm terrible.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!