Tuesday, November 08, 2011

True Confessions






What can you do when you've got little things on your mind that are scratching at your brain and saying "You probably shouldn't have done that"?  Well, you can get those thoughts out of your head by confessing them to world...or your readers, same difference.


That's what True Confessions are all about....getting everything out there so you can leave them behind and never think about them again.  Doesn't have to be just bad stuff, either....it's always a good way to brag on yourself just a little.  So, without further ado...here's this week's True Confessions...

I confess that...this week I haven't eaten fast food or a restaurant once.  Not a single time.  No ordering lunch from work, no grabbing a quick dinner this weekend....nothing.  I'm proud of that.

I confess that...everything I have eaten this week has been planned.  A few meals wouldn't be what you'd consider "healthy meals" but they were still planned.  One of those meals would be my pseudo mother-in-law's mozzarella/sausage/mashed potato casserole.  It was Butter's coming home meal...it's the bomb diggaty but so not good for you.  I followed it up with a piece of Mint Chocolate Ice-Cream cake.  Hey, we were celebrating!!  And, it was completely planned.

I confess that...I didn't get to get out and walk this weekend because I was running all over the place.  Saturday was spent at my PMIL's and Sunday was spent at my parent's house.  I wanted to, though....that counts for something, right?

I confess that...I'm a little frustrated by the scale this week.  I stood on it again this morning.  I said I wasn't going to be frustrated by what the scale says...as long as I'm doing better with my eating and stuff....but I can't help it - I'm frustrated.  There's such a long way to go - and it feels like I'm getting further and further away from it each week.

I confess that... I really hope what my friend, Cathy, said last week is true.  She posted a comment about learning that our weight loss actions today are not reflected for about a month or so.  So, basically what I'm seeing right now on the scale is from my actions this past month.  That would make a lot more sense - and make me feel so much better about what I saw on the scale this morning.  Maybe this time next month, I'll be really celebrating what the scale is saying.

I confess that...I am so relieved that Butter had a good day at school yesterday.  Even though I wasn't really that nervous...I was.  That make sense?  Every time I saw him, he had a smile on his face.  He found people to eat lunch with...and they seemed to be really helping him get settled in.  That helped put my mind at ease.  I want him to be happy and successful...and day one was happy and successful.

I confess that...I have really started to see what the struggling I went through this past summer was all about.  Remember that I live by the motto "Everything happens for a reason".  This past summer I was really struggling to see the reason I was having such a hard time finding a job.  I was so upset when the best job I could find in an elementary school was a teaching assistant job in the school I'm in now.  I know now that  I got that assistant job because I needed to be able to work with many different classes at the school.  I needed to see what the kids were like.  I needed to get to know the teachers.  Just having one classroom wouldn't have given me the exposure I needed to see how wonderful this school really is.  This all led to helping Butter...and me, really.  It all happened for a very good reason.

I confess that...I'm starting to get Christmas Fever.  I'm just itching to get out and buy a few presents.  I have no idea what those presents are going to be...but I want to go shopping.  Is it too early to break out the Christmas music?  I'd be breaking my own rule of not celebrating until the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm trying to hold off.  Still happy to report that I haven't seen any Christmas lights on houses yet...this has to be a first. 

I confess that...I was a little freaked out when I felt yet another earthquake last night.  This one was a 4.7 coming from the same place in Oklahoma.  If you remember, Saturday night, Hubby and I felt a 5.6 earthquake.  Last night, I was sitting on the couch watching TV and the couch started vibrating.  Then, it just started shaking.  The shaking lasted about 10 seconds.  It rattled the entertainment center... but nothing fell off the walls - thank goodness.  When I moved here, I signed up for the possibility of tornadoes.  Now, it appears, I also have to start worrying about earthquakes too.  *Sigh*

I confess that...I'm absolutely hooked on a new TV show.  It's called Once Upon a Time.  Have you seen it?  Have ya, have ya?  If you haven't - you should.  It's awesome!!  Especially if you like fairy tales.  The whole premise is that all the fairy book characters are stuck in a curse of present day...and they have no idea.  A little boy is trying to break the curse with the help of Snow White's daughter...who doesn't know she's Snow White's daughter.  It's fantabulous!!  The kids really like it, too. 

I confess that...I don't have any more confessions.  It was kind of a boring week....which I'm totally OK with.  It appears that when I am being more cautious with what I'm eating - the confessions are more scarce.  That I can live with.

Before I go, I want to remind everyone of my new blog segment:  Peanut, Butter, Jelly Time.  Check out this past week's if you missed it.  I really need some reader questions to pose to the kiddos.  They want more of a "realistic" interview scenario...and I think it would be fun to have the kids answer questions from you guys.  So, if you could....come up with a question or two for them and post them in the comments.  It can be about anything.  That would really help me out.

Alright, time to go.


Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!