Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I May Have Officially Lost My Mind....Maybe

I know what you're thinking.  It's 4:50pm...once again, it's evening.  Only, today, I posted my blog post this morning - like I should and always do.

So, why am I here again?

Well, cause I kind of liked what I came up with last night...and after the day I've had, I feel like writing.

It hasn't been a bad day...a pretty easy day, really.  Because it's the day before Thanksgiving break, most of the teachers wanted to have a relaxing day...which meant less work for me.  Most people wouldn't mind a day of not doing a whole lot - and getting paid for it.  I'm not one of those people.  I start feeling all guilty and stuff...and feel like I should be doing something.  I, also, don't like missing out on working with the kiddos.  So, I just mingled in the classrooms and did what I could to be involved.

I, also, helped out with the family Thanksgiving feast the school was hosting... by wiping down tables after a grade was finished.  I'm not above wiping down tables...doesn't bother me a bit.  I felt like I was helping.  I was busy, I was helping...I felt good about it.

That helped take up some of my day...not much...but a little.

Butter had a not so good day today.  With all the crazy going on, it was no wonder it was going to affect him.  I can't and won't blame him for that.  He had a couple of "incidents".  Nothing I would categorize as major incidents...but it was enough to wear on him.  When it wears on him, it wears on me.  I felt bad for him - but I had to keep myself distanced...because it's this kind of stuff that he has to deal with by himself - without me coming to his rescue, as much as I want to.

He's in his room right now, reflecting on the day.  His choice.  He needs some time alone...and I can totally appreciate his efforts with trying to cope and process everything that took place today.  I'm glad that we have a few days off, now, so he has some time to cool down and get his mind back in order.

So, it was a long day.

Most people come home from a long day of work - and want to just jump on the couch.  Hell, what am I saying - not most people...me.  That's usually how I am.  If I have a long day at work - regardless of whether or not I have to go to work the next day - my way of dealing is to come home and spend the evening relaxing on the couch.

I don't want to do that today.

Nope.  Instead, my mind is full of cleaning.  Did you hear that?  I said cleaning.  As in doing some work.  As in not laying on the couch all evening, but getting a head start on the work that has to be done tomorrow.

Yep.  I know.  I've lost my mind.

Don't get me wrong.  I plan on spending a little time lazing on the couch.... but I have this big elaborate plan that tonight, after the kids are in bed and Hubby is at work, that I'm going to clean.  It's the perfect scenario.  No interference from arguing children.  No worrying about any kind of interruptions... just me burning the midnight oil.  I can get a lot done while I'm on my own.

Can I do it?

I guess we shall see.  The best part is - if I want to, I can work all night long, and then sleep tomorrow...cause I don't have to work tomorrow.  Sounds like a plan to me.  I can either relax all night tonight and work all day tomorrow....or I can burn off some of my stress now, and relax tomorrow.

Guess you will find out tomorrow which option I went with.  My mind is pulling to the second option...let's see if my body cooperates.

OK, that's enough from me for one day.  Two posts in one day...who'd have thunked it.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!