Friday, November 04, 2011

Ready for Some Friday Fuel? It's Fill 'Er Up Friday!



It's Friday...once again.  Is it just me or are the days flying by faster than Roadrunner on crack?  It feels like I sat down here a couple of hours ago and typed the words "It's Friday".  


It is Friday...which means it IS time for Fill 'Er Up Friday...my newish weekly thing I'm doing where I basically combine all of the random thoughts running through my head in to one colorful post.  I think I've done pretty well this week keeping my blog focused to weight loss...for the most part...so today, I get to let my hair down and let all the rest of stuff happening in my life flow on to the page.  Enjoy!!

BIG NEWS!!!  Butter is being discharged from the hospital today!!  I spoke to his therapist last night, and she and the doctor both believe Butter's ready.  He was taken off the medicine they were trying out a week ago - because they were starting to see some mood swings rear their ugly heads.  This week, without the medicine, he's been doing much better.  He's going to continue on the two medicines he was on -which are very low doses.  They are extremely happy with the progress that he's made the past two months - as am I - and they both think he's ready to be home with the family and conquer the world of public school.  YAHOO!!

I've started my Christmas shopping.  Can you believe it?  It's very slow moving..and will be up until the Christmas Eve, probably... but it has officially been kicked off.  I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.  My organized, scheduled, crazy self is usually done with my Christmas shopping by now...because I just like to be prepared.  This year, things have had to be done differently...with the funds being as low as they are I'm having to really stretch out the mula...but it will happen. 

On the subject of Christmas...it's November 4th and I haven't seen a single house with Christmas lights up yet.  This makes me happy.  Not sure if you remember or not, but last year - I was NOT happy about driving around the first night of November to see a half dozen houses already lit up like the North Pole.  I know I'm probably jinxing myself - and I'm sure to see one house tonight while I'm driving around.  Don't ask me why this one thing bothers me so much, but it does.  Christmas lights up two months in advance is a bit too much.  I understand if you want to beat the cold and get them up early... but there's no reason to turn on the switch - yet.

Let's discuss Halloween a little, shall we?  I am a firm believer that you're never too old to Trick or Treat.  HOWEVER, if you're going to knock on my door and you're at least 16...put in a little effort, m'kay? - OK, so it wasn't my door, it was my friend's door...no one comes to my house to Trick or Treat.  Showing up with you school clothes on is not a costume.  You don't have to go buy a costume, but at least use a little imagination.  

OH, and don't even get me started on some of the costumes I saw.  Maybe I should take back what I just said about costumes.  I kid you not...but I saw a girl, no more than 15, dressed up in a lingerie bodice, thigh high fish nets, suspenders (on her thigh highs), and two painted hand prints on her boobs.  Let's not forget the 6" heels she was wearing.  What's worse?  She was alone with another friend...no more than 15 herself.  I can't make this stuff up.  Come on parents...have some class with what you let your kids wear.  I understand that Halloween is a day that you can let your imagination run wild - and dress up however you like - but really?  Letting a teen walk around in lingerie and underwear is ridiculous!!

Show of hands - who thinks Kim Kardashian faked her whole wedding for money?  Now, show of hands of people who really give a rat's behind?  Yeah - didn't think so.  I'm so sick of hearing about it.  I'm sick of hearing about her...and let's throw Justin Bieber in to the mix.  Is he the father?  Isn't he the father?  Who really gives a damn?  I will admit, though, I'll be sad to hear that the story is true - if it is.  I don't care AT ALL for the Biebs...but my Peanut sure does.  It's hard enough scanning the people my children can look up to...and it's definitely not you Kim K.... but the 17 year old boy that my oldest daughter adores?  Too much to deal with!!

OK, that is all for today.  I've ran the gas tank dry for one day.  Wow, I realized I sound like quite the Negative Nelly today...sorry about that.  I didn't mean to, but have I mentioned that I'm a Mad Woman?  Once I get going - there's no stopping me.  I'm really in a good mood today...honest.  I think today is going to be a great day...there...ending on a positive note.

Everyone have a great Friday!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Butter is getting to come home. I hope he adjusts well to public school.

    No Christmas shopping here. I never even start until after Thanksgiving, so I am always procrastinating.

    And yeah, she did it for the money and publicity and to "show up" her sister! A truly sad case.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!