Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yep...I Laid In Bed All Day...And it was Wonderful!!

I can't believe it's the last day of the Thanksgiving break.  It went by so fast... but they always do, don't they?  I had so much that I wanted to do....like lay in bed all day and watch movies.  And you know what?  That's exactly what I did yesterday.

Well, not all day.  Around noon, I decided that I'd had enough sitting at the computer, and I just wanted to watch some Christmas movies.  I knew Hubby wasn't going to have any of that - he was entranced in one of his shows on Netflix.  So, I told Jelly I was going to go and lay in bed and watch Christmas movies....and she followed right behind me.

We started off with The Grinch...the live action one with Jim Carrey - love that movie.  We watched all of that, and then I put the TV on It's a Wonderful Lifetime.  Lifetime always runs those corny Christmas movies 24/7 this time of year - and I LOVE them!

Even though I laid in bed all day - I didn't sleep....I actually spent the whole time wrapped up in a blanket watching movies. And it was WONDERFUL!

Today, I'm not going to lay in bed and watch movies....but I am going to THE movies.  I'm finally getting to go and see Breaking Dawn.  Can you say excited?  That's what I am....Super excited!  I've been waiting a year to see this movie.

Peanut and I are going to the early matinee.  It's our tradition to go and watch the Twilight movies....and I know that she's been waiting just as eagerly as I have for all the crowds to die down - so we can enjoy the movie without being in a packed theater.  I hope that's the case, anyway.  It's been out for a couple of weeks now - surely the crowds would have died down, right?

I've been reading a few posts from people that have seen the movie, and then bashed people that took their young daughters to watch it.  Well, you can add me to being one of those "bad" parents who let their young daughters watch movies like this one. 

Topics like that always get my blood pumping a little.  I don't go around saying that all parents that let their kids eat candy are sending their children straight to the obesity line.  I don't lump all parents together to blame for anything.  That's the best thing about being a parent - I can make the decisions about what my children get to or don't get to do.  It makes me very upset when others pass judgement on me, and others, for the decisions we make for our children. 

Yes, I know that there is a sex scene in this movie.  I read the books - all of them.  Peanut knows it to, because I talked to her about it.  You know, cause I think that's what good parents do.... but then again, I'm not going to lump everyone in to that.  I know that's what I did.  And I think that makes me a pretty good parent - but I'm my own judge.  She's read the books too, and she had some questions... and I had answers.  And now we're going to see the movie - together - and then talk about it after. 

The movie is rated PG-13, so I'm pretty sure that Robert Pattinson nor Kristen Stewart are going to be walking around naked.  Peanut isn't 13 yet, but she's very mature for her age - and I think she can handle it... no, I know that she can handle it. 

Wow, I don't know what's the matter with me lately....I've been quite the grump on here, haven't I?  For some reason, I've been really letting off some steam on my blog - and the weird thing is, I'm not really stressed about anything - so there's not really any good reason for it.  It makes me feel better, though, to get my honest feelings out there.  Maybe that's why I'm doing it.

Anywho - it's been a great Thanksgiving break.  I've enjoyed myself - and I'm looking forward to the Grand Finale in a few hours.  Then, it's back to the grind tomorrow...for a couple more weeks.  The kids are going to love me, tomorrow.  It will be day one of Christmas music in the car everywhere we go.  Ha!

Alright, time for me to get ready..... Everyone enjoy your Sunday!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!