Friday, May 04, 2012

Finally Friday

Dear Diary...

I know you're probably dying to hear how the interview went.  Am I right?  Well, sorry to disappoint but to say that I think it went OK is about the best I can do.  It's just so hard to gauge how an interview went.  I really won't know how well I did until I either receive a call for an additional interview or I don't. 

I do know that I was very nervous.  A lot more nervous than I recall being last year.  When I'm nervous, I talk.  A lot.  Yes, even more than when I'm not nervous - hard to believe, right?  But, that's what I did.  I probably talked too much.  There's a couple of times I remember rambling on, and actually having to stop and try and remember what the original question was that I was answering. DOH!

I interviewed with a principal and assistant principal.  It was very formal - one asked questions, the other wrote my responses.  Everything inside of my brain was screaming ideas and answers at me.  The thoughts were all jumbled in my head.  I wanted, more than anything, to show these two women how much I deserved to be in a classroom of my own - but words got messed up, ideas got scrambled, and I may have come off sounding more like a crazy woman than a teacher.  I know I'm going to be hard on myself.  It's possible I did a lot better than I thought.  But, only time will tell. 

This weekend, I'm really going to try and get my mind off of all of it.  I'm going to go out to a few craft fairs.  Do some walking.  Spend some time in the heat.  And, boy is there heat.  We're in some kind of crazy heat wave at the moment - that's sending the temps in to the upper 80s and lower 90s...already.  And it's not just heat, but heavy humidity.  That kind of weather that makes you hot and sweaty just walking out the door.  It's yucky.  But, I have to forget about all that if I want to enjoy my weekend. 

This week, I've done well on my eating.  Again, not perfect, but I haven't gone in to any stressful binge modes either.  Which, if I was going to do - would be this week.  All day yesterday, all I could think about was rushing off to the store and buying a huge bag of M&M's.  I wanted to drown myself in a chocolate binge.  I compromised, and ate a small handful of Hershey Kisses.  I got my sweet tooth fix, but didn't swallow 1000 calories of chocolate morsels, either. 

Yesterday afternoon would have also been a great day to get a walk in.  But, I was so hot and sticky by the time I got home - I decided laying on the couch in the AC was much more relaxing.  I'm pondering the idea of getting up early tomorrow morning and going for a walk before the heat really kicks in.  It might help clear my mind so that I can enjoy the weekend. 

All in all, I'm super surprised at how I've kept strong this past couple of weeks.  I knew this time would come where I turn in to Stress Woman - sucker upper of all things stress.  That also means Binge Woman - sucker upper of all things sweet and fried (Stress Woman's sidekick) - is usually right beside her.  But, not this time.  Stress Woman is definitely here.  She's a lot more grouchy and negative than I remember her being from last year - but maybe that's due to the disappearance of Binge Woman.  If I have to chose between being on the grouchy side or drowning myself in junk food - grouchy is going to win.  It probably sucks from everyone that has to come in to contact with me - but my waistline appreciates it. 

I just keep telling myself that if I can deal with this level of stress and still avoid junk food - there's fight left in me, yet.  Oh yes there is. 

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. sorry you've been stressed!!! you made good choices though. What's your MFP name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been hot as b*lls here - ugh. I've always been okay walking in the heat but the thought of running in it makes me want to throw up, lol. Enjoy the craft fairs - that sounds FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the job!! I have felt that way too in interviews. I totally relate to the voices screaming different answers! I also relate to having to choose grouchy vs. a binge. I could not have said that better myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about the interview process...my job is closing and I will be doing job searching too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!