Saturday, May 26, 2012

So, It's Saturday?

I've only been on Summer break for a little over a week, and I'm already forgetting what day it is. I woke up this morning having absolutely no idea, and had to switch on my phone to check. It is NOT a good sign that I'm already losing track of my days - it only shows that the craziness that starts to set in after my being off work for too long will apparently be making a much earlier appearance than I'm normally used to.

But, who can blame me? I'm currently taking care of 6 children. Three of my own, and three not of my own. Three of them are 4 or younger. Three of them are 11 or older. If the younger ones aren't whining and crying, the older ones are arguing and fighting. This is what my life has become since school got out - and I can honestly say, I'm already ready to get back to work.

I don't even want to think about still having three weeks left to do this. It already feels like I've been staying at my parent's for a month...and it's been one week. One. Freaking. Week.

For anyone that reads this and worries or questions my profession as a teacher - fear not. It's totally not the same. When I'm in a classroom, I'm in my element. Supporting kids, teaching kids, sorting out 3rd or 4th grade drama? Totally fine with me. Being with 6 kids 24/7 and doing nothing but saying "get down off that", "don't touch her/him", "stop arguing", "because I said so", "please clean up that mess", "don't put that in your mouth", and "if you two don't stop arguing, I'm going to knock your heads together" gets a little old pretty fast.

I think I'm also suffering from some cabin fever. I don't like staying in the house for too long - but when I'm toting around 6 kids, it limits my abilities to go many places.

I know that I'm a little bitter because while this should be the most exciting time of my life - it's anything but. I've had no time to enjoy getting my job. It takes so much just to try and figure out how I'm going to coordinate doing all the things I need to do in order to make sure I'm hired smoothly. I haven't even had any time with Hubby - because he's been at my house everyday while I'm here. It's all weighing on me - BIG TIME!

While my parents are off having the time of their life, I'm here - ready to pull my hair out, scream at the top of my lungs, and cry out of frustration because I can't take one more argument or fight over whose toy belongs to who. And, again, I still have three weeks left of it.

Hopefully, I'll feel a little better tomorrow - Hubby's coming over to cook out with us. And next week, I'll be doing lots of running around while getting kids to appointments, trying to get my license sorted out, and taking care of all the other responsibilities that have been left to me.

Just 20 days left - and counting!

Till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!