Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Has Begun

Dear Diary...

I made it to my mom's Thursday evening without too many problems... unless you count the fact that I didn't have any of my clothes packed, I was extremely tired, and oh, I got a flat tire fifteen minutes in to my trip.

Changing a tire on my car is no biggie - my car is a Mazda 3. But, since I'm going to be the caregiver to 6 kids over the next 4 weeks, I have to drive my parent's vehicle which I endearingly call "The Tank". That's because it's an Expedition - and it's huge. A flat tire on that thing? No way I'm changing it. Thank goodness Hubby was only 15 minutes a way.

But, I got it changed and managed to get the kids home without any more problems. I was so tired I basically fed the kids, took a shower, and fell asleep. And, because I went to sleep so early, I was up at 6am yesterday morning.

I was quite the domestic goddess yesterday. I got kids ready for visits, I hand-washed dishes, I took a child for a weekend visit, I cooked dinner, I washed the dishes from dinner....I'm quite proud of myself. At my house, Hubby does most of the cooking and the dishwasher washes all the dishes.

In between all of the domestic goddessism, I spent my day in front of the TV. I watched trashy reality TV and relaxed on the recliner...it was magical. I know I can't spend my entire summer sitting in front of the TV - but I was totally OK with spending my first day of summer doing it.

I'm starting to feel much better in terms of my sickies. I've still got a nasty cough, but I can breath a little easier. I'm thinking that by Monday, I'll be able to start my plans of wanting to walk each morning and evening. Oh, what? I forgot to mention that part?

OK, so on Monday, I'm going to start getting up and going for a walk and then walking again in the evening. I figure if I walk for 15-20 minutes both times, I'll be able to get some exercise in. I'm aiming for 15-20 minutes, but hoping that I'll want to do more.

Tomorrow, I'm going to make some meal plans. I have to do an inventory of what food I have here, and then go out and get whatever I'm missing. First thing Monday, my summer transformation plans go in to effect. Monday is May 21st, and I go back to work on August 20th. That means I have exactly 3 months - minus a couple of weeks if I actually find a job and get to go and decorate my classroom. But that will be A-OK, because I'll be doing even more exercising while decorating and sorting a classroom. Three months to shed some serious pounds, and become a different person. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much I can accomplish.

That's it for now, I will be doing more blogging once I get stuff more sorted out.

Till next time. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I think it's amazing you know how to change a tire. I have NO CLUE!

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!