Tuesday, May 15, 2012

True Confessions Tuesday


Dear Diary...

Today is no ordinary True Confessions Tuesday.  It just so happens to be the last TCT that I will do this school year.  This time next week, I will be on summer break.  Away from school.  Probably already missing it.  What, wait... did I say that?   Moving on...

I confess that I spent some time this morning looking back at my TCT posts from last year.  It appears not too much has changed.  The True Confessions I had exactly a year ago are almost identical to the confessions this year.... I'm eating too much, I'm stressed about the job hunt, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to work-out.  It would be really nice if this time next year, I'm looking back and something has changed.  Either I'm 50lbs lighter or I have a job.  Both would be nice.. but I don't want to push it.

I confess that I've done some emotional eating this past week.  The scale hasn't gone up any, but it hasn't gone down any either.  I can't help that I'm very emotional right now.  But, the emotional eating is less frequent - and the consumption is less.  I'll take that.  Less is better than more. 

I confess that I'm really forcing myself to stay positive.  With the end of school being two days away, I'm panicking a little.  I've had one interview in a school. ONE.  That's not much to boost my confidence.  I also know that anything can happen once school is out - so I keep repeating "Don't give up, don't give up, don't give up" over and over in my head. 

I confess that I do have another interview set up for next Tuesday - but it's in a different state.  Missouri, to be exact.  Luckily for me, it's only 30 minutes from my house.  Although, it would mean my kids having to leave the school district we're in now...and that would be really hard on them. 

I confess that I was really ticked off last night about not being able to smell or taste anything.  Hubby decided to make BLTs for dinner...and I couldn't smell or taste the bacon due to the sickness/allergies/sinus infection thingy I have going on.  Having no sense of taste works wonders on my overeating problem... but I haven't had a BLT in ages.  And even after eating one last night - I have no idea how it tasted.  BLAH!

I confess that I quoted Miley Cyrus on my Facebook wall yesterday.  While I'm not a huge fan of Miss Cyrus - her song, The Climb, does have lyrics that are appropriate to my life situation.  I'm sure I could have found a more grown up, deeper quote to use... but, well, it just fit the way I was feeling. 

I confess that I'm quite excited about spending the entire day outside for Field Day.  Yes, I know I have allergy problems.  I know I'm battling some form of sinus infection.  But none of that matters.  Today is all about making sure those kiddos have fun...and that's exactly what I plan on doing.   As much as I really don't want to think too much about it - this could be the last day I get to have fun with them all. 

I confess that I haven't started planning or packing at all to go to my parent's on Thursday.  I probably need to do that today.  Even though I can come back home any time for something I need - I need to at least have the stuff packed that I will need to take on Thursday.  Although, I can't really do too much tonight because Butter is in a school play and I'll be there. 

I confess that I'm very excited about seeing Butter in his first school play.  He's been very excited about it.

Alright, that's it for me today. 

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful last week of school and enjoy the summer!

    The climb is one of my favorite workout songs. I'm like you and don't like the artist but love the music? :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!