Thursday, May 17, 2012

So Long...Farewell...Auf Wiedersehen...Adeiu






Dear Diary....

This is it!! Last day of school is here, and after today the world is unknown.  I have been going back and forth about what I should write about.  Should I be sad and talk about how much I'm going to miss the kids I work with?  Should I be unsure and write about what could or couldn't happen over the summer?  Should I be excited and write about all the things I want to do over the break?  I just couldn't decide - so I figured I'd do it all, the best way I know how:  A list.  Or a couple of lists.  So, today, for my last day of school post I bring you My Top 5 Reasons Why I Will Love Summer and My Top 5 Reasons Why I Won't.

Will LOVE:

1.  SLEEP!  While I'm sure there will be several days over the course of the next three months that I will have to use my alarm clock - I'm pretty sure that not a single one of those occasions will require a 4:30am wake-up.  And, I plan on making it a routine to get a nap in at least 3 times a week!

2.  Swimming Even though my bathing suit body is not for all to see - I can't wait to get in a pool.  It's probably my most favorite summer time activity.  Being that I've gained so much weight this year, I'm not sure how much I'll venture to the public pools - but you can bet your rear end that I'll be making waves at my parent's pool (once they get home) and P-Momma's pool.  Get it?  Making waves?  HA!

3. Relaxation.  If I want to spend an entire day curled up on the couch reading... I can.  If I want to spend an entire week doing that.. I can.  If I want to lay out on the deck with an ice-cold beverage... I can.  If I don't want to shower or get dressed...I don't have to.  I can stay in my jammies all day long.  I'll try and not go more than one day without showering...that would just be gross.

4.  Time To Lose Weight!  I actually have three months where I can't whine about being tired or not having time or just having too much on my plate to worry about weight loss.  There will be no time for excuses.  I will have full control on when I work out, how I work out, what I eat, and how I eat it.  If it's too hot to walk during the day - then I'll do it in the morning.  Need some alone time?  Then I can head to the gym.  I meant it when I said that I wanted to return back to work (wherever that may be) after the summer is over looking like a completely different person.

5.  A chance for adventure with my kids.  I haven't been the best momma when it comes to summer vacation time in the many years I've been a mother.  I'm either working, or in school, or both.  This summer, I will be attending school for two weeks - but that's out of 3 months.  I will actually be getting a paycheck over the summer.  For the first time in many years, I have a chance to give my kids a good summer.  I want to go out and explore what my neck of the woods has to offer...and there's so much out there I've never seen before.

Won't Love...

1.  Certainty.  I will miss the security of knowing what each day will bring.  I leave today not knowing what my future has in store.  Will I be back next year?  That's a question I can't answer yet - and that makes me sad... especially for the kids.  I don't even know if I should say goodbye.

2.  The kids.  I do what I do because of the kids I get to work with.  I will miss their faces each day.  I will miss talking to them, laughing with them, teaching them.  I just realized I might actually cry today.  

3.  The people I work with.  I have made some wonderful friends over the course of this year.  I will miss working with them, seeing them, and talking to them every day.  I can always stay in touch via texting and Facebook... but it won't be the same.

4.  The Food.  While my body is screaming in delight and glee over the sweets that won't be making an appearance over the next three months...It makes me a little sad.  I have the honor of working with some of the greatest cooks that have a gift when it comes to making sweet treats. 

5.  My routine.  Even though it will be nice not having to wake up at 4:30am, or come home exhausted... I will miss the normalcy of my routine.  It's something I've grown to love - and without it, things will be a little weird.  I'm a creature of habit - and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if tomorrow morning I wake up at 4:30 completely out of whack about where I am or what I'm supposed to be doing. 

So, there are pros and cons about this being the last day of school.  I do know that regardless of what the next three months brings...I will never forget this year.  I have grown.  I have discovered many things about myself.  I have had an amazing time. 

One thing I am going to try and do over the next three months is get back to what this blog is supposed to be about.  I'm going back to weight loss.  I'm going back to sharing my goals, my plans, and my successes with my weight.  While the job hunt isn't over - I have so much more to discover about myself and my abilities. 

So goodbye school year... hello summer - and a stronger, fitter, thinner me!


Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. When I read your blog today I felt many of the same things your wrote about. I'm on the job hunt for a teaching position too. It's tough out there right now but I'm hoping things turn around.
    I also do much better with a structured day - it's true that the devil will find work for idle hands to do - and that work is usually eating for me! When I was student teaching, I barely had time to eat. Now, the summer presents to many opportunities for eating. Ugh - it's tough.
    But I wish you much luck in sticking to your goals this summer! Teacher deserve a break - hopefully you will use yours to your greatest advantage. Time is such a gift!!!
    Rochelle
    http://buttfatblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!