Friday, July 03, 2009

Day 15: Berry picking, swimming, FUN!!

Today was a great day devoted to my kids (well, the two youngest kids cause my oldest is spending the week with my parents). I got up at 6am to go meet some friends and take the kids berry picking. The weather was great, the kids had fun, and the best part was I got to bring home half a gallon of fresh blueberries and half a gallon of fresh blackberries..YUM!! After berry picking, I joined some of the other mommies and took the kids for breakfast. I was very proud of myself as those around me ordered bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy - and for me?? A veggie omelet!! Ok, so it was covered in cheese, so not the healthiest option - but the healthiest compared to the other yummy temptations on the menu.

The weather was so nice, I decided to take the kids to the pool this afternoon. Running around after my toddler turned into quite of a work-out, which got me psyched cause I needed the exercise!! We spent a couple of hours in the pool, and then headed home. After my overkill breakfast, I chose not to eat dinner - as I'm sure the omelet more than consumed my days worth of calories.

I really should of worked out a bit tonight, but I'm a little sunburnt from the pool - so I chose to skip. After yesterday's sad, "poor me" blog, I'm just not going to sweat the small stuff anymore. Even though I have 6 more weeks of my 60 day challenge, I've accomplished the main goal from this whole experiment - and that's to identify portion control problems. I'm making healthier selections when it comes to food - and ok, I'm not sticking to the 1 carb, 1 protein regimen I set for myself this week - but I'm watching what I eat, which is a plus. I'm also playing with the idea that I'm not going to weight myself AT ALL until the 60 days is over...not completely decided yet, but would be interesting to see how much total weight I've lost once it's all said and done. Curious to hear any comments or suggestions you may have about that - just let me know what you think.

Ok, well, till next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!