Thursday, July 02, 2009

Day 13 & 14: MIA Update

I know, I know - I've been gone for 2 days..and I apologize. Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the wagon - just been very busy with work stuff..which is no excuse, and I'll try not to do it again.

Ok, so day 13 and 14 rolled on as most of my other days have. Part of me feels guilty for coming on here day after day just to tell you that I ate stuff, worked out, etc. I thought rather than just posting what I ate for the two days I was MIA, I'd write about some of the thoughts and feelings that I've been dealing with for the past two weeks.

This week has been really hard for me to stay in control. I was so proud of myself for the first 10 days, and just had a "no one can stop me" attitude. Then I went away for a few days, and I slumped back a few steps and I'm finding it really hard to get back to my normal pace. I'm not totally slipping, but just little things like having an extra carb serving or not drinking enough water is starting to happen - and I don't like it. I'm at a point where I'm scared to death to stand on the scales cause the slightest weight gain is going to totally devaste me. I know that I was going to lose a lot of weight my first week, basically because I was on a liquid diet - and I knew I was going to lose a lot of water weight. That was great, but now that I've started eating "real food" again - I'm scared that the weight is going to come back on.

I know it's probably a good thing that I'm feeling this way. I feel guilty when I eat something I'm not supposed to, I work out a little extra on those days - hoping to make up for my short burst of defeat - but I'm not sure what to do. I could start over - and fast for a couple of days again. I felt so great when I was living off nothing but fruits and veggies, but I know I can't live that way forever. I have to get used to the fact that I'm going to eat carbs and protein - and know how much is enough.

Ok, enough pity talk...positive things. I've started noticing that my clothes are fitting better. I bought a couple pairs of capris a few weeks ago that were a little snug on me, and now I can put them on and can pull them away from my stomach about an inch. That is an AWESOME feeling. I don't see myself getting thinner, but obviously the weight is coming off - right??

Ok, got to run - I'm taking the kids swimming this afternoon, so I got to go and get ready.

Till next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!