Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 32: Finding Inspiration and Motivation

One of the hardest things, for me, when it came to trying to lose weight was my complete lack of motivation. I wanted to lose weight, but just couldn't get my ass off of the couch to do anything about it. I stick to saying that an overweight person won't commit to losing weight until they really hit rock bottom - and that's what happened to me, and how I found my inspiration and motivation.

I knew I was overweight. I knew I didn't like the way I looked. I cringed if I saw a photo of myself that someone managed to get of me. It was looking through photos of my annual trip to the zoo with my kids that a light bulb went off in my head. Looking through those photos I hated to see me in them. In those short minutes my mind screamed "YOU LOOK TERRIBLE!!" Pure motivation to start working out ran through my brains. I thought to myself, looking at these photos makes me feel terrible - but it makes me feel like I want to do something about it. I had always had those feelings when looking at photos of myself - but the moment the photos were put away, I was ok.

It was at that moment that I realized I had to keep seeing myself that way. So, I went to the computer and I printed out a couple of the photos I hated the most. I put one on the front of the refridgerator, I put one on my desk, I put one in front of the treadmill. Seeing these photos pushed me to do what I had to do to start losing the weight. I guess it's true when they say a picture is worth a thousand words, because those photos scream at me any time I start to feel the urge for just one little cheat, or just one day off from working out. I see myself constantly, and I hate seeing myself.

So, if you're someone that has real problems finding inspiration and motivation to work out - take some photos of yourself, print them out, and stick them EVERYWHERE. If you hate seeing yourself like that, as much as I hate seeing myself that way, it really does make you want to change.

Till next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!