Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 33: All Eyes on Me

Last week, I had a great chat with a nutrition instructor at the local community college. I told her all about what I'd been doing, and she gave me some great feedback. She also asked me if I would be interested in speaking to some of her classes next semester - if the challenge went well. I told her I would love to - and so after that we went our seperate ways. A few days later, I got an email from a student reporter from the community college asking me if I would be interested in doing an interview about my 60 day challenge and the weight that I was losing. Apparently, the nutrition instructor was friends with the newspaper editor - and she had told the editor my story, and so she decided she wanted to do a story about it.

At first, I was very hesitant. Not even 30 days into the challenge was a bit risky to me to be talking about it with a local newspaper. I emailed the girl back and told her my reservations, and she gave me a call. She told me that she was really interested in my story, and would love to do some kind of piece about it for the paper. I guess being that it's summer break, news is kind of slow for the newspaper..LOL

Well, I met with her yesterday - and it went really well. She asked me a ton of questions about what I'm doing, why I started doing it, and why I chose to use Twitter and this blog in order to have people watch what I was doing. She really seemed genuinely interested in my story, and I felt great telling it.

The story is supposed to come out in the next addition, so that will be exciting. She's going to publish my Twitter and blog info so that people that are interested can stay with my story. The pressure gauge notched up a little now, though, because not only do I have cyber eyes following my progress - but now local students and community members, that I know, will be watching (hopefully). That really makes this challenge that much more exciting - and even more motivation to succeed.

Till next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!