Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 21 - 23: What a Week!!

Wow, the days are going by so fast I can barely keep track of them. I can't believe that I'm almost down to being a month away to starting school again. I guess time definately flies when you're having fun...LOL

The past few days have been good. My calves and thighs are very sore, if that's any indication of how the last couple of days have been. I've found ways to get my workout in - even when I didn't realize it. The best way was my trip to the pool with the kids on Thursday. I've been trying to take the kids to the water park at least once a week, but because I take my 19 month old with me - I can't really swim. I spend the 2 hours that we're there following her around. That's not really exercise - but this trip made the definate exception. This week, I decided to try out something new. The water park has two 130 ft water slides that my older kids LOVE. Well, my baby loves going on slides at the park, so I thought, I wonder if she'd like the water slide. Well, I made the treck up 40 stairs carrying my baby (who weighs 30lbs I might add) to see. We got to the top, and I put her on my lap, and down the slide we went. At first, she was petrified - but then she let out a HUGE giggle, and we got to the bottom. Immediately she screamed "again, again". So, once again, up 2 flights of stairs carrying 30lbs, and then again, and then again, and again. We made that trip at least 10 times. By the time we left the pool, my legs were like jello (not only in appearance). Today (which is Saturday), my legs still feel a little sore. It's probably one of the best workouts my legs have received thus far!!

Other than that, I've been visiting the town's walking track. It's a 1/4 mile track, and the first couple of times I did 8 laps. Wednesday I pushed for 10 - and I could of kept walking for a while longer, but I had to get home. This weekend, and next week, I'm really going to start focusing on working more with weights. I'm never going to get rid of my wings (the fat under my arms..ugh) unless I really start working them.

I'm having some challenges with my food. After talking to a nutritionist at the college I work at, she told me that it's just not healthy to have such a low calorie intake each day - especially while I'm working out. So, we decided together that rather than focusing on how many calories I'm consuming - to eat 3 small meals a day, and eating two snacks of fruit or veggies would be fine. I have to still mentally keep track of the calories - but she said that each of my meals are roughly 300 calories, I should be just fine. The goal is to stay between 1000 and 1200 calories.

Till next time my faithful followers - I love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. 1200 calories a day is plenty as long as they are all healthy calories. No junk food. Every calorie needs to be efficient. Also need to supplement with low to 0 calorie whole food supplements to make sure you are getting high quality vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients and also at least 8 8oz glasses of high quality water and 8 oz more for every 10 pounds you want to lose.

    Richard Perry
    Beverly Hills, CA
    @21cwr twitter

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!