Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 38/39: Feels Like the Sickies Are Making A Visit

For the past two days, I've been feeling a little under the weather. Not exactly sick, per say, but just not myself. Well, my hubby was sick last week, my daughter is running a 101.6 fever right now - so I imagine mine is just starting to hit..YAY!!

I hate being sick, I hate getting sick, and thank goodness it doesn't happen very often. I am blessed to have a VERY strong immune system. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I refuse to take medicines - and my body wards off a lot of sickness. Of course, when I get stressed - my guard goes down and the "sickies" (as I call getting sick) decide that it's great time to invade.

There's pros and cons to being sick when you're trying to lose weight. The pros are, you don't want to eat very much, you puke up anything you do eat, and you have to drink lots of water. The cons - no exercise....well, I sure as hell don't want to do exercise when I don't feel well. I barely have enough energy to sit, let alone get up and walk on the treadmill. Working doesn't exactly help, either - but it's got to be done, and luckily a lot of my work can be done in the comfort of my home.

It's even worse when you have kids sick at the same time. My baby takes first priority, so even though momma feels like she's been hit by a Mack truck - I have to suck it up so that she has all of my attention.

Well, I'm gonna leave today's post at that - I really need to finish up some lose ends that I'm working on. I'm in the office today - so I want to get home as soon as I can.

Till next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!