Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 27: Chinese Meltdown

I was so good at work today. I drank tons of water, I had a very healthy lunch, I drank more water...and then I went home.

My hubby is the chef in our house. I can cook, do on occasion, but he's so much better at it than me - and he loves doing it. Well, he's been in a slump recently. A lot of it has to do with the current heat wave we're in. It's really been a benefit to me, cause it means that we've been eating a lot of salads. Well, tonight, hubby didn't want to cook again - but we didn't have any salad stuff left - so we decided to get take out. The vote was Chinese - and that is my ultimate weakness.

I went and picked up our order, and the car smelt like pure heaven. By the time we got home, I looked like a rabid dog almost foaming at the mouth. I laid the boxes out and dug into the sweet tempation of the food before me. I'll admit it - I over did it. I over ate - and my stomach tortured me when I was done. You know me, I have to bring the positive out in a bad situation - so the good was that instead of the normal 2 huge plates that I can normally consume with Chinese food...I only managed to get down one plate, and I felt like my stomach was going to explode. That's a good thing, right?? I think it is -I'm going to say it is. Ok, so I should of only eaten half of what I did - but I didn't eat as much as I normally would have. The other plus was that I wasn't hungry a couple of hours later like I (and everyone else) usually am after eating Chinese. I suffered for the remainder of the evening with my stuffed belly.

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the treadmill and weights HARD. Gonna try for 45 minutes on the treadmill, and get more sets in on the weights. My hope is to post a half way mark photo of myself - but I'm not completely decided. I don't know if I've accomplished a noticable enough difference to post my mid-point results..but we shall see.

I'm getting some great support on Twitter - and I thank those of you that have been offering it. You really are the ones motivating me to continue. I just wish there was a way to bring in more people - cause it really does fuel my fire to keep going and succeed.

Well, till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!