Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 34: Where Does the Time Go?

Everyone knows that there's just not enough hours in the day. How anyone manages to get done everything they need to in one day, is totally beyond me. Even among the constant piles of work that keeps being thrown on my desk, the kids that always need something done right when I'm in the middle of something, and the new puppy that needs to be taken out all the time -I'm so happy that I've managed to spend 30-45 minutes just getting on the treadmill.

I've been getting up around 5am with our new puppy to take her out, and then it's go-go-go from then until midnight (if not later) each night. Running a photography business is such a fun venture - but it sure does take it out of me. Not only do I have to go and take the photos, but then I spend hours upon hours of editing so they are perfect - and I have high expectations. My treadmill really has been my saving grace in the past week - cause it's the only "me" time I've gotten since Friday. Sure, I'd much rather be napping - but I sure as hell don't have time for that. Besides, the treadmill gives me the energy I need to keep going for the rest of the day - without it I just don't think I could go with as little sleep as I've been getting.

My stress level has been off the charts the past couple of days - not only cause of the deadlines that I'm battling, or my precious children that are fighting all the time - but now I have personal family drama to throw into the mix. I'm not going to spill my personal drama details, here, because that's not what this blog is for - but I really want to get my point across on how going for a walk (even if it's in the spare room that you've converted into a home gym) can really make you feel so much better.

The one thing that I'm really beginning to learn, and kicking myself in the ass for not realizing sooner, is that exercise is NOT the enemy - it's the best friend I have right now. So, everyone out there that is bombarded with the craziness we call life - take a few minutes to do some exercise. Hopefully, you'll be like me and realize that it's the greatest tool to have in your medicine cabinet for stress!!

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!